Soft Merge Question Thread

• New servers are not negotiable. They are going to happen, none of us is going to stop that. It is therefore pointless to discuss them. They are going to happen and always were. We could just as well discuss about why the sun won't stop shining. Pointless.

With merges being possible again, however, new servers aren't really a problem anymore.

Ya well technically you're right.. it's not new servers that are the problem it's the closing and merging down of them that's the problem.

this is why we have legal multi's and why it will continue to be a compound problem because the root cause is not going to change.

I see your title and I gotta ask.. is it a paid position?

P.S Is it possible to get a # of actual unique players total for the US servers? I'd be really curious to know.

Diplomat - Raging Kings [Beta]

• @badidol

wow. jealousy.

The players did not choose to be on a target server.

Whoever decided the target servers, decided who gets travel benefits, and who does not.

haves vs have-nots

And it would appear that no one but GF (and or their forum reps) thinks that the benefits to sit on a target server is better than getting travelling benefits.

This is decidedly NOT equal treatment towards all.

jealousy? Are you freaking serious?

• STOP crying abput how poor are players on destination servers!

You are the lucky ones! If after several years of gameplay you do not have your cities in order its your own stupidity and fault - period!

I would be very happy if my servers were the destination ones - would not want any compensation, cause compensation for what would I be claiming? Getting free farms? Having trade partners? Getting more cultural treaties?

If you play game propperly you should have your cities in order a long time ago so stop crying! It's us that have to move that are gettin short end of the stick not you whiners!

@badidol

Thank you for giving us more info on merger! And for patience with questions.
    However I would like to urge GF to re-consider IP sharing option in the game. I can control my own accounts and make sure rule is not broken, but I can't make sure I never send resources or army to same player as my friend with whom I also share IP address. It's impossible to get his input each time I make any action in the game... Same for other people - for example I have 2 brothers in my alliance that also share IP - each of them has more than one account and can make sure that those do not meet but what guareantee there will be that they both don't trade with same guy at same time? Most people I know are 3 people sharing same IP - that is completly impossible to play without game restricting forbidden contact for you. Some of those people would have to stop playing to keep others safe - otherwise - its impossible to be sure... It's easy to keep your own accounts in check but many people share IP due to internet providers in small towns having only few public IPs and just creating sub-networks for end-users... Not sure how it is in other countries or big cities but where I live - neighbours often share same IP cause they share 1 line from provider and devide it among themselfs (mostly for cost cutting reasons).

• I see your title and I gotta ask.. is it a paid position?

Yes.

P.S Is it possible to get a # of actual unique players total for the US servers? I'd be really curious to know.

Look at the lobby. The number of currently online users per server is shown there.

jealousy? Are you freaking serious?

Yes.

The players did not choose to be on a target server.

They did choose that server to register on, though.

Any server can become a target server at one point or another.

As said before, this discussion is pointless. Please refrain from it or open your own thread about it.

This thread is not meant to discuss your idea of fairness but to answert questions about the soft merge.

pcmIK.jpg

Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.

Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen.

• However I would like to urge GF to re-consider IP sharing option in the game.

At the moment this is simply not possible.

It has been removed and would have to be reverted again.

So no, for now it will definitely not be coming back soon after the merge. Sorry.

pcmIK.jpg

Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen.

• Actually, this WAS one of the questions listed when June opened this thread.

And I have started other threads.

I guess I am just stunned at your "customer service" responses. You can not like people's perspectives, but seemingly treating them with such utter dismissive disdain... well, it's just rather surprising

• Look at the lobby. The number of currently online users per server is shown there.

Sorry I wasn't clear.. I didn't mean online at a given time.

I mean unique total players

in this context means all online OR offline accounts, -accounts with ipshares beyond the 1st account

and also -banned/ghosted accounts

I know this would be a bit of a soft number but surely someone is doing that sorta math to figure out roughly how many actual human beings are still playing the game.

• This is the list of FAQs still present on the test server, for people who don't have an account there. I hope that this can help.

NOTE such faqs should be final. Should.

Other official FAQs are here: Ikariam goes Soft Merge

• badidol Do you plan to fix the mobile app of the game? It is unfair that the application can be accessed via the Apple Store but not Android.

It's currently still not possible for us to fix the Android app.

pcmIK.jpg

• badidol

So the total unique users on Alpha.us is 29? I'm pretty sure that's just how many are online right now, not total number of unique players.

Quote from badidol

They did choose that server to register on, though.

No, we didn't. One of these accounts chose to be on Alpha. The other was registered on Zeta. As has happened previously, accounts created to be the only account on a given server were brought to Alpha and Beta. The choice to remove them from where they were registered was GameForge's, not the players'.

Just as others have previously suggested, I'll re-iterate that the in-game IP-Share option is the most advantageous way to prevent accidental conflicts between multis. Asking players to not fall victim to human error is like asking the staff and programmers to do the same. We're all human and not perfect.

Also, keeping the IP-share feature in-game will cut down on a lot of manual tracking for the poor people having to complete those tickets. Last time I checked GOs and SGOs are not paid positions and so are not best suited to handle a sudden increase in workload.

viZb6W5.png

Turmoil's in the air

Hold your breath be deadly calm

Make a final prayer

Don't forget what you have done

Edited once, last by JuneBarcarolle ().

• Sorry I wasn't clear.. I didn't mean online at a given time.

That is all we display.

So the total unique users on Alpha.us is 29? I'm pretty sure that's just how many are online right now, not total number of unique players.

Yep, which is all we display.

pcmIK.jpg

• What happens to the resources I invested in island buildings like ...., mines and wonders on my original server?

You will be reimbursed, and the resources will be put into your inventory.

So you're specifically saying multiple 's will be here: .

* mines require building materials ---> there will be many many of these building materials

* wonders require luxury goods ---> there will be some of these luxury goods.

Donations Score doesn't differentiate, but the merge will?

If this is true, one should donate to mines and wonders(if still possible} before selecting server. Looks like free extra storage protection.

Starman

Viet Nam Sociality[VNS] - Alpha US Spokesman
    Bậc Thầy Thịt mèo Nướng

BBQ CAT Master Chef

• Let me get this right. Is this FAQ List outdated or are the answers on my questions from a few hours ago outdated?

I see still something about the Ip sharing system. But got told that the system wil get removed.
    And something about that we get 18 days to replace cities and do donations. While I just got told that we will have unlimited time to do this.

It is nice that you put a FAQ list, but at this moment it is only causing confusion for me.

• how much island in world ares 3

badidol

BVzIdVU.png

(player account)SaLeH YoUnIs(EN)(BR)

(player account)ڝڦڔ ڣڶڛطـﯧْـن(AE)

:saint:If you have a death wish, come close to me:saint:

Always keep in mind that you're not alone here and that behind every account there is a human being that does not want to be insulted or treated badly, just like you don't want to be treated that way.

8)(Alpha.AE)(Delta.AE)(Zelos.AE)(Ares.AE_soon.Ares EN).(Kerberos.BR)8)

My birth

IV/XII/MCMXCVI

• If we have a lobby with 2 accounts, one account on a stable server and the other one on the server that is going to be merged, how can we have them both on the same server ? The accounts had different emails (I have both of them email-password saved),but were accidentally connected and now I can not separate them. How can you extract an account from lobby ?

• In this instance, you can have 2 accounts on the same server in your lobby. It's an exception to the usual rule.

There isn't a way to pull an account off a lobby once it's been added.

viZb6W5.png

Turmoil's in the air

Hold your breath be deadly calm

Make a final prayer

Don't forget what you have done

• I think all the other communities have it now except us

RU the server also without this message in the game

Finally, you're right, everything can *always* be done differently. Having further time, further devs, further resources (and all of them are really rare, limited and precious) it's possible to do a lot of things. But we don't have to lose touch with reality.

GF are stepping on the same rake. Now they have put the players in front of the fact of the merger in a very short time. What prevented them from throwing in a "yellow message" survey for the upcoming merger first? Even in this thread, there have already been some really great ideas flashed that could have been implemented in a merger with not much more effort (financial/timing, etc.)

Ikariam since 04.09.2008

flag-ru.3325eb48.svg Delta - Vikings (-VS-) - TeAmo (TeAmo) - Pirates Of Horror (PoH) ==merge==> flag-ru.3325eb48.svg Alpha - Pirates Of Horror (PoH) - Pirate Crew (AFP)

nick ZVano

Edited once, last by ZVano ().

• according to the FAQ they're going to use the virtual donation bank.. so basicly they take your donations and then put it in a virtual bank.. think of it as "credit".. it can't be pillaged... but can be used to make donations on the mills.

they used teh same system the 1st merger and it worked fine.. the only down side is it's temporary so if you don't donate you will loose it..

it can't be used for anything else, just donations.

It looks like they're giving you 18 days after merger close.

• For example I play on the beta server. Alliances that come from abroad have a lot of advantage.

50 players gather on the same islands and it is very difficult to attack, while the "old" alliances are all over the map.In wars that makes a lot of difference

I understand what you're saying, but that causes a lot of disadvantage in alliances on the receiving server.

And about the lobby, is it not possible to put two different lobbies in one?

When the lobby is implemented, some accounts are separated into different lobbies due to lack of knowledge, it is a pain to have to have many different browsers open.