Soft Merge Question Thread

• Cancelling the top 50 rule seems grossly unfair on the small players on the target worlds...Everyone on Orpheus including the GO is on the top 50...Oh joy for big accounts from say Pi.

There is just no way to do FAIR merges.

Someone's always going to feel treated unfairly. It's either that or you'll have to make so many exceptions and make sure to take each and every one's special desires into account that you'll end up not merging at all since everyone need their own server to not be treated "unfairly".

There is no such thing as a "fair" merge.

Well, then why since the merge will affect the newer servers, this rule doesn't apply ? The least you could do is to keep that simple rule,so that all the huge accounts will go to the old servers. That way, every small account will be in the newest world and won't be affected by the big accounts. And the 'big' guys will be with the 'big' guys. Simple as that.

• The general idea of a merge is to reduce the amount of servers and therefore reduce the widespread distribution of players on a gazillion servers and rather create fewer but more active servers. That will always leave more than enough room for someone to feel mistreated. Can't be helped. Sorry.

I generally agree with what you said except GF created the problem by opening so many servers and continued to do so even after the 1st merger.

So while what you said is "generally" correct and most players would be accommodating if the underlying reasons was to be corrected but that's not the case.

Is there little doubt new servers will continue to be opened after this merger?

Diplomat - Raging Kings [Beta]

• Because now the 'big guys' with have the special features of the new worlds without the bother of starting from scratch ..but "sorry it can't be helped"

Of course new servers will be opened , that's why they close some down to make room for new ones...

• New servers are not negotiable. They are going to happen, none of us is going to stop that. It is therefore pointless to discuss them. They are going to happen and always were. We could just as well discuss about why the sun won't stop shining. Pointless.

With merges being possible again, however, new servers aren't really a problem anymore.

pcmIK.jpg

Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.

Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen.

• badidol

When will the US servers see the in-game message about the soft merge? I think all the other communities have it now except us. And not everyone reads the boards.

viZb6W5.png

Turmoil's in the air

Hold your breath be deadly calm

Make a final prayer

Don't forget what you have done

• Sorry, but, that's not my job, that's not any players job. that's staff's job. it's called communication. try it.

and for your last comment, good to know that someone who is supposed to be a staff and objective, as well as representing the people in this community, actually thinks this way. My friends and i, as well as other players I know, really feel secure knowing we are represented properly and fairly (sarcasm.).

And yes, I did forward an email to GF directly. Better to go to the source than in here now that i know how reliable the communication here is.

Thanks.

• badidol

When will the US servers see the in-game message about the soft merge? I think all the other communities have it now except us. And not everyone reads the boards.

There will be a mail as well.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that mail ends up with me in the end again anyway.

And I will redirect you back here (to FAQ and announcements) in my response.

pcmIK.jpg

Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen.

• Will there be any kind of Peace time? like its not fun to get on this server and all just jump you, ppl need some time to settel..

No, sorry: there is no such thing on the game's code.

Nope, you're not wasting your time: it is your right to complain, and our duty to answer

Just a few details.

Each community had to publish on the forum (the official communication channel with the players) any announcement from GF (as per the server merge). Since only Game Admins can send out "yellow messages" in-game, it is up to them to decide if/when they should bother the users. Some communities decided to send it out, some not: since in on our one (EN), in general, we prefer to annoy the players only on really important issues and, in this case, we thought it was worth it, then we decided to send out... 26 yellow messages. It was our own decision, but technically we didn't have to do it.

About the merge itself (and any other event, like new servers, happy days, etc) GF informs us exactly when we have to drop the post, along with all the related details. On doubt, you ask, we ask, GF answers, we inform you. So - please - be patient, we are still working for you.

Finally, you're right, everything can *always* be done differently. Having further time, further devs, further resources (and all of them are really rare, limited and precious) it's possible to do a lot of things. But we don't have to lose touch with reality.

Sampisa

• badidol The merge is starting wednesday and still there are missing answers which for some players are important. Could you please give answers to those questions or at least make sure you are working on answering those questions?

1 - The IP share system will be removed and people will have to make a ticket to connect their accounts. When you connect you accounts after the merge will you still be unable to accidentally violate the IP share rules? (Cause I think the current system in which you are unable to have contact when you have IP share is a good system).

2 - What happens to your capture points and to you pirate crew once you merge?

3 - Are there any numbers on how many people are going to merge en how many accounts are allowed on each server?

4 - Will alliances go through the merge with their leader or will they get deleted?

5 - Is there a limited time to use your donations and city replacements like last time? Or can you just use it forever and whenever you like?

6 - What happens to your friendlist and to you museums? Do players get a happiness boost the first few weeks after the merge?

• Could you please give answers to those questions or at least make sure you are working on answering those questions?

We're constantly answering questions on all platforms. Not sure why you'd feel you need to ask specifically for it.

We do, however, also point out to please not only spam but read the answers already given.

1 - The IP share system will be removed and people will have to make a ticket to connect their accounts. When you connect you accounts after the merge will you still be unable to accidentally violate the IP share rules? (Cause I think the current system in which you are unable to have contact when you have IP share is a good system).

The current ip sharing system will no longer be in place after the merge.

This means, that you'll have to make sure yourself you're not violating the rules.

2 - What happens to your capture points and to you pirate crew once you merge?

They are merged along with you.

3 - Are there any numbers on how many people are going to merge en how many accounts are allowed on each server?

No.

4 - Will alliances go through the merge with their leader or will they get deleted?

Same as in the old merge, so: the alliance merges along with the leader.

The alliance. Not the members. So if you're referring to the members: no, they will not automatically move to the same server as the leader.

5 - Is there a limited time to use your donations and city replacements like last time? Or can you just use it forever and whenever you like?

No, items in the inventory do not expire.

6 - What happens to your friendlist and to you museums? Do players get a happiness boost the first few weeks after the merge?

Friendlist no longer exists.

There's a festival bonus after the merge to help with the missing effects.

With fuller servers, however, getting CTAs shouldn't be a huge issue.

pcmIK.jpg

• Quote from badidol

There will be a mail as well.

Just to clarify, will this be an in-game message or does "mail" in this case mean an email? All the other communities have received ingame messages and have had time to prepare. The people on US servers who don't look at the boards regularly (which is most players, to be honest) have no clue this is happening.

And why didn't the US servers get the same head's up as all the other communities? As Community Manager, isn't that your job? ?(

viZb6W5.png

Turmoil's in the air

Hold your breath be deadly calm

Make a final prayer

Don't forget what you have done

• JuneBarcarolle

[--snip--]

Each community had to publish on the forum (the official communication channel with the players) any announcement from GF (as per the server merge). Since only Game Admins can send out "yellow messages" in-game, it is up to them to decide if/when they should bother the users. Some communities decided to send it out, some not: since in on our one (EN), in general, we prefer to annoy the players only on really important issues and, in this case, we thought it was worth it, then we decided to send out... 26 yellow messages. It was our own decision, but technically we didn't have to do it.

• Same as in the old merge, so: the alliance merges along with the leader.

The alliance. Not the members. So if you're referring to the members: no, they will not automatically move to the same server as the leader.

Since in old merge the actual migration was in one specific time but now - as soon as You press some button to move I have a question.

1) If leader moves first and members afterwards - will they be automatically assigned to specific alliance (if members go to the same server)?

1.5) If members moves first and then leader - question above^..

Please tag me in answer

uc?id=1Qoxan3Ir6EfokWLhAao_dGw6L6THGxKH

• 1.Is there a specific period for moving cities after the merger, or is there no specific time for me for free transport packages

2.Will the number of islands in the war server be increased after merging with the rest of the servers

badidol

BVzIdVU.png

(player account)SaLeH YoUnIs(EN)(BR)

(player account)ڝڦڔ ڣڶڛطـﯧْـن(AE)

:saint:If you have a death wish, come close to me:saint:

Always keep in mind that you're not alone here and that behind every account there is a human being that does not want to be insulted or treated badly, just like you don't want to be treated that way.

8)(Alpha.AE)(Delta.AE)(Zelos.AE)(Ares.AE_soon.Ares EN).(Kerberos.BR)8)

My birth

IV/XII/MCMXCVI

• Just to clarify, will this be an in-game message or does "mail" in this case mean an email? All the other communities have received ingame messages and have had time to prepare. The people on US servers who don't look at the boards regularly (which is most players, to be honest) have no clue this is happening.

Mail means email.

The people on US servers should check the forum and discord more often then.

The forums have always been the number one source of information and the place where we announce updates and so on.

And why didn't the US servers get the same head's up as all the other communities? As Community Manager, isn't that your job?

They did. In the forums and on discord.

Both, forum posts and discord post, happened long before anyone else got ingame messages.

As a matter of fact, the post in the EN section (which covers both, UK and US) was the first post of all of them. You could say, folks in the UK and the US were informed long before all the others, actually.

Ingame messages are just an extra on top.

The forums have always been the number one source of information and the place where we announce updates and so on.

In conclusion: I kinda did my job. I'm sorry if I didn't do it in the way you'd expect me to and in future I'll try to remember about ingame messages as well.

1) If leader moves first and members afterwards - will they be automatically assigned to specific alliance (if members go to the same server)?

Please check previously given answers before posting. This has already been answered.

No, no one is automatically put in any alliance.

The alliance (the construct alliance) moves with the leader.

The members have to communicate with each other if they want to stay together after the merge so they can move to the same target server as the leader.

.Is there a specific period for moving cities after the merger, or is there no specific time for me for free transport packages

No. As previously stated, those items don't expire.

2.Will the number of islands in the war server be increased after merging with the rest of the servers

No.

pcmIK.jpg

• .Is there a specific period for moving cities after the merger, or is there no specific time for me for free transport packages

No. As previously stated, those items don't expire.

Example I have 10 cities Get 10 city transfer packages No expiration date

BVzIdVU.png

(player account)SaLeH YoUnIs(EN)(BR)

(player account)ڝڦڔ ڣڶڛطـﯧْـن(AE)

:saint:If you have a death wish, come close to me:saint:

Always keep in mind that you're not alone here and that behind every account there is a human being that does not want to be insulted or treated badly, just like you don't want to be treated that way.

8)(Alpha.AE)(Delta.AE)(Zelos.AE)(Ares.AE_soon.Ares EN).(Kerberos.BR)8)

My birth

IV/XII/MCMXCVI

• Hello badidol

Do you think that accounts blocked in the lobby sistem will be unlock , before servers merge?

For ex. a friend wants give me an account for server X , but he can't because of "Lobbys sistem", the account is blocked .

firma-el-darko-e-base-per-altre-RIVISTA.png

Kappa: Ministro B-RO

Kappa: Diplomatico D-A

Kappa: Generale KAPPA

Lambda: SHOCK

Charon: Ministro UnIKA

Ares: END

Ares: 9-1-1

Kappa: La Resistenza

Kaikias: Leader MAMMA

"Ho seminato e poi raccolto guai

ma questi non mi avranno morto mai"

• Ancientking you shouldn't ask for an answer to a specific Staff member, maybe someone else (!) has the answers to your question... ;)

Haha, sorry but the questions were asked a few pages ago and the answer wasn't there.

Could you please give answers to those questions or at least make sure you are working on answering those questions?

We're constantly answering questions on all platforms. Not sure why you'd feel you need to ask specifically for it.

We do, however, also point out to please not only spam but read the answers already given.

Thx for answering. I read the whole topic before posting the questions. Maybe some related questions were asked but not what I was exactly looking for.

Now I will help you a bit; At this moment it is impossible to remove accounts from your lobby. GF hasn't said that it will be ever available in the future.