Soft Merge Question Thread

• Since the 10+1 is going to be allowed, the IP Share should remain as well.

Viet Nam Sociality[VNS] - Alpha US Spokesman
    Bậc Thầy Thịt mèo Nướng

BBQ CAT Master Chef

• The more I think about all of this, the angrier i get, and for many reasons. First thought, I'll share a little something for the players to enjoy, because, as we all know, the probability that this is what happened on GF's end, is accurate lol.

Simulated GF meeting on the US server mergers:

Boss: OK, let's start the meeting about what we're going to do with Ikariam. any suggestions ?

Staff: let's just dump them all into Alpha, beta and NY.

Boss: Easy and simple. I like that. Sounds like a plan. Let's do it. Ok guys thanks for showing up today, let's break for lunch.

heh...

As for GF, hopefully someone will read this or a board admin will pass this on to share, who knows, but here is what SHOULD have happened..

There should have been a more in-depth assessment on the state of every server, taking into account the number of players on each server, the average TS, and so on. And then from there, picked one of the newer server as a middle ground for the other servers, to add to the 3 other target servers, using the new maps and keeping the server bonuses. This way newer accounts would not be dumped into an existing server where the average TS is over-powered compared to the newer servers.

That's just asking for trouble, and will eventually lead to players quitting the game because they're getting creamed and picked on by these over-powered players and alliances (Alpha and Beta players are for the most part, good players and good people, but i hear different from NY, for example).

The merger and maintenance should have been planned to be pushes AFTER the current piracy round, and not days before the end of it. Like seriously, how stupid is it to do that to players who play piracy (i don't play it personally, i most feed friends). And I know people who play it seriously and are in for a major major shock after the merger happens. I can guarantee you within a month, GF will see a major drop in population after the merger once this happens. Another consequence of their lack of planning and consideration for players obviously.

The fact that players with accounts on the target servers are not being given the same courteousy to have the opportunity to also move the accounts to other servers, is ridiculously unfair, and insulting. And I am sure there are players on other servers and worlds who will also agree with me on this.

Throwing players into a target world with the new maps and without the server bonuses is also adding a nail to the coffin of this game. I know a lot of people who joined the newer servers as a result of these bonuses, and right now, the talk out there is that many are not happy about this at all. Really shows how out of touch GF is with their client base, and how much thought actually went into this merger.

Let's not forget the multi issue. Why are they not documenting existing accounts which are already linked via the IP function on the target server, and only requesting that players with accounts moving to the target servers with multi's log tickets to link the IP, is beyond me. It's really inefficient and will only create a massive workload to the GO's, and staff to sort through hundreds if not thousands of tickets otherwise. Doing this properly as i suggested would alleviate that workload and stress on the staff considerably. Not to mention, would lower the chances of mistakes being made tremendously.

There are still to many questions and concerns out there from players which have not been addressed or even considered,and i have proof of this, since no staff from the forum or from GF have even replied or addressed anything in days from this thread at all. As far as i am concerned, anything being said here is not even being seen or shared with GF at all. Reinforcing the fact the GF doesn't even care, not even on the consequences of the merger on the player base (you know, the people who support them in the first place..)

My other proof ? Well, no messages have been sent in-game to anyone from GF about the merger.. still...

I know I am wasting my time writing this, fully aware of it really. But one can hope that maybe, just maybe, someone will actually "care" and read this thread and our comments over at Gameforge, or that Board admin will let them know that there are major concerns and the merger needs to be re-thought and planned better before being implemented into an even bigger mess than it currently is. Maybe, just, maybe GF will care and give us a 12th hour reprieve on this and do this right..

Well like I said, one can hope, but realistically, I know it won't happen. Been here too long, that I know exactly what to expect from GF anyway.

But still, one can hope right ? (yeah.. and monkey will fly out of my butt lol)

• That message only went to players on target servers....which is kind of silly, as the players on target servers do not have to do anything (now that the multi rule is unchanged).

As far as I know, nothing has gone out to the players who actually have to move - so if you don't read the forums regularly, -well, to paraphrase Badidol, "it sucks to be you".

• That message only went to players on target servers....which is kind of silly, as the players on target servers do not have to do anything (now that the multi rule is unchanged).

As far as I know, nothing has gone out to the players who actually have to move - so if you don't read the forums regularly, -well, to paraphrase Badidol, "it sucks to be you".

I have got msg on Poseidon which is not target server.

• I play on Alpha us and Alpha en. Both are target servers. it only appeared my en account. The us community feels so unloved sometimes... ;(

Edit to add:

My Rho account on en also got this message, and that is not a target server as far as I can tell. So it went to all of them on that community.

viZb6W5.png

Turmoil's in the air

Hold your breath be deadly calm

Make a final prayer

Don't forget what you have done

• It depends on the community. In NL also everybody got a message. I guess it is the responsebility of the GA to send this message to the community.

You worried about one 21 day round of piracy while others are more concerned with months and years of building and planning. You must be another of those "special" ones.

While I agree that piracy is not the main problem here, it does not mean that his question is not legitimate and that it should not be answered like all others should.

I agree to this. Everybody has their own playstyle and has fun in Ikariam in their own way. So now I am waiting for someone to give the answer :).

• Is this the servers that are targets in UK?

Stay Active: Alpha, Beta, Pi, Zelos, Zephyros, Herakles, Hydra, Orpheus

If I have an account that is from an old Swedish server and has a lot of total score. Can I move it to a new English server and get on top of the high score since there are just small players now, or do I have to choose Alpha, beta or Pi?

• i think the server will not be able to contain all the players

could you please give me the total of island in one server so i can make calculations?

• I believe there's a Wiki page that has the map listed. The map is the same on all servers, at least as far as number of islands.

viZb6W5.png

Turmoil's in the air

Hold your breath be deadly calm

Make a final prayer

Don't forget what you have done

• according to: https://ikariam.fandom.com/bg/wiki/Island

"5,351 islands"

so x16 normal spots = 85,616 town spots, and an additional 5,351 (17) premium spot.

so with 12 towns per account that should support 7134 accounts (7580 max)

... although if every single island is occupied a lot of people are going to be stuck with some lousy wonders..

the only ones that are really any use is forge, dolphin and colossus.

although I remember when they revamped the wonders the first time and left me stranded on lousy islands with no way to correct without paying fo warps or destroying the town so that wasn't fun.

Diplomat - Raging Kings [Beta]

• Without the IP Share guard rails, good people will be harmed.

I have two trading accounts. A great deal is posted on the market in between those accounts. I have had to wait for the return and hope to still get the deal. Nothing nefarious there and now get ALL accounts banned. That is good reason to keep the feature. NO amount of "warning" would stop the ensuing nightmare.

Yes, US poorly ran. Always has been. Want to be informed? Check EN board beforehand. Heck, they were still having polling for new features while US was neglected. Very tough to overlook real world (ungrateful) politics on display.

Stop the merge until it is done right. GF hasn't given the players anything but a nice looking TRAP (gas chamber).

Viet Nam Sociality[VNS] - Alpha US Spokesman
    Bậc Thầy Thịt mèo Nướng

BBQ CAT Master Chef

• i was referring to the US servers, but thank you for clarifying this. But really, you accidentally added a new concern now. Since the US servers still haven't received that message even as of this morning, and the other worlds have gotten them.. and given that apparently specific staff are responsible for each world community, meaning that the one responsible for the US servers hasn't done their job at all.. how can anyone have any faith that their tickets for the IP share that everyone is supposed to redo after the merge, is going to be looked at and taken care of ?

yeah... this mess just got a whole lot worse..

• i was referring to the US servers, but thank you for clarifying this. But really, you accidentally added a new concern now. Since the US servers still haven't received that message even as of this morning, and the other worlds have gotten them.. and given that apparently specific staff are responsible for each world community, meaning that the one responsible for the US servers hasn't done their job at all.. how can anyone have any faith that their tickets for the IP share that everyone is supposed to redo after the merge, is going to be looked at and taken care of ?

You have to blame their GA and/or CoMa who do not their job properly.

You have to blame their GA and/or CoMa who do not their job properly.

Blaming someone for not doing their job, doesn't resolve the current problem, nor give any players from the US servers any reassurances, though, does it ?