Soft Merge Question Thread

• I initially thought that abolition of IP sharing option was excellent choice, but I see that enormous amount of players have 10+ real (not multis used for feeding the main one) accounts on various servers and if removing them would be the only solution, it's definitely not the good one.

However, it would be really nice if there was at least one server in each community where IP sharing accounts would be strictly prohibited and everyone'd be limited to only one account. If someone has more accounts, they can simply place them wherever else they want.

That way no one would need to delete their accounts and not only that, but the wish of many Ikariam players, which is fair play and no multis, would be at least somewhat fulfilled.

Thank you

• From Turkish admin ;

Translation :

Hello again,

We decided to keep the multi-account rule as before. So you will not need to delete account.

You can connect up to 10 accounts on the same server.

Regards.

Another translation :

Hello again,

A maintenance will be held on Tuesday, November 23 between 12:00 - 17:00. Game logins may not be possible during maintenance.

The in-game IP Sharing feature will be disabled. After the server merge, you must inform the support system with which accounts you will share the IP address, accounts that are not notified after the migration will be closed for multi-account use at the end of 48 hours. For this reason, you must open a ticket and notify the game administrators of the accounts, as in the same ip sharing.

Server consolidation will begin at 14:00 on Wednesday, November 24, and you will have 2 weeks to choose your servers.

We will inform you about possible developments.

Regards.

kzpf7fl.png

US Alpha & Pangaia 1 The Godfather 8) 8) 8)

• Well without ip sharing feature game will not block unallowed actions. So if you play with more than one acc on server you should be extra careful.

This is good decision. Lot of people who use multies for advantage will make mistake sooner or later and get banned:P

Mostly with pirates and trading.

Really do not understand why some people have need to play on more than one acc per server but ok, just be careful. My advice, do not use more than one acc.

• Sarcasm: Gameforge Attorney - The player's CHOSE to delete their accounts.

rotfl

Viet Nam Sociality[VNS] - Alpha US Spokesman
    Bậc Thầy Thịt mèo Nướng

BBQ CAT Master Chef

• The in-game IP Sharing feature will be disabled. After the server merge, you must inform the support system with which accounts you will share the IP address, accounts that are not notified after the migration will be closed for multi-account use at the end of 48 hours. For this reason, you must open a ticket and notify the game administrators of the accounts, as in the same ip sharing.

Different language text is reporting this in a different way. The English text indicates that current mult-accounts do not need notification, only accounts created in the future as the in-game admin panel will be removed.

• badidol

one more question

premise

I only have one account on the target server

so :

will I be able to create other accounts on the same server ?

Or will the possibility to have more accounts be reserved only for those who, having already several accounts, will have to move more than one account on the same target server?

Thank you for your reply.

firma-nuovo-forum.jpg

• I do not think it's fair that new servers opened 3-6 months ago are going to be together with alpha and beta servers that are old servers

A first-place player on a new server with a 500K score cannot face a 70M larger player

It can be done.. I started on Delta I think late 2008, I was surrounded by larger players, I survived with only 1 attack on me.. tips:

1: introduce your self to everyone in your island chain or within 4 island hops.. introducing your self to them makes you more than a faceless target.

.. This has a side benefit.

Almost every game I have ever played I have sought the advice of more experienced players starting out.
    Nearly always it led to not only good information but also a helping hand, Don't discount the power of diplomacy and social interaction.

2: sign CT's with everyone in your vicinity that you can

3: don't' be a leech, donate to the mills (that last one should be easy given if you wasn't a leech on your old server you're gonna have a fat bank to drop in refunded donations.

Do this.. you will survive

you can also look for an alliance (many of the large alliances also have smaller training alliances)

if all of that seems like not enough.. you will have free warps.. find a quiet area to settle down.

7 day cooldown on sales from BM post v mode would solve many problems

Not a lot of activity on Beta, I've only encountered 1 general bank in the last couple years.. but no rule would have stopped them.

The player in question had 3 accounts, clustered together (same island) and used them as a single weapon.

I do support the rule though.. players could still buy if they need to the defend them selves but they couldn't pop on, sale to load up someone and then vmode.. I think it's a minor change that would target almost entirely a single type of account.. "bank"

It's a good solution imo, especially given the merger we will likely see a increase in it.

Well without ip sharing feature game will not block unallowed actions

Agreed, I don't know why they would disable the IPshare treaty system.. it kept people from accidentally violating the games rules with more than one account and ESPECIALLY for true legit 2 people 2 accounts same ip type situations.

I think they might have back tracked on the account deletion but decided this would be a good way to ban people for accidental infractions.

I Hope they reconsider.. the IPshare treaty system was designed to help keep honest players honest.. the dishonest never used it to start with.

Diplomat - Raging Kings [Beta]

• well at least someone has enough smarts to understand and cancel the multi ban.. but this also creates a new issue, which is even more baffling, and at the same time demonstrates a severity in proper database documentation storage (if that's the case).

But the current system, those of us with more than one account, -already- have linked those accounts. So am i correct here in my understanding, that these current records will not be stored or kept.. they will be completely dumped and ignored, and every single one of us will have to submit a ticket to re-link all of the accounts all over again ???

I mean this will not only swamp the ticket system and the people reading the system, but it also will (might, but given how efficient GF is, most likely will) incur situations where tickets will be missed or mishandled by mistake, and then users will be left to scramble to fix these mistakes.. i mean.. ask anyone who has been here for a long time.. this will happen, as GF is not always reliable..

So GF needs to find a way to store the current linked account information, and request that only NEW linked accounts have tickets submitted which would less of a strain on the system overall.

Also, still want an answer as to why those of use with more than one account on a target server CANNOT choose another sever to go to WITHOUT having to pay to transfer. i do think it is stupid to do neglect those of us already on NY, Alpha or Beta.. We should have that same option as the other servers...

• LOL well think of it like this if you're not on Beta or NY.. Chances are you'll have a chance in a year or two for another merger down to alpha and then you'll get some free warps and stuff.. those on Alpha will likely never be merged UP :P

• Just thinking about the US mergers..

Since all the new servers are used to the "new" world maps, and that Beta / Alpha is using the "old" maps, I can pretty assume everyone will be gangbanging it to NY, since GF did not have the foresight to have 4 servers instead of 3, with 2 using the new maps... This is going to be an even bigger mess than I originally thought.

A lot of things were not done properly or thoroughly thought out here, and all anyone needs to do is look at the fact that no in-game messages was sent on any server to all players.. and still haven't been done even as of this morning.. a lot of questions are not answered even now, and scenarios have not even been taken into account either.

This whole merger situation is getting more and more stupid by the minute, but then again, i am not surprised either, as, after 10+ years here, I pretty much expect stupid from GF at this point.

• I agree I think most will goto NY but I made accounts on A & NY to look around.

Alpha seems to be the most populated of the 3 to survive.. followed by Beta, NY a distant 3rd.

Im not sure if you're worried about multiple accounts or housing space but I don't think space will be a issue on any of the servers.

• The best thing about merging is merging the war servers into one so that we can enjoy the wars

BVzIdVU.png

(player account)SaLeH YoUnIs(EN)(BR)

(player account)ڝڦڔ ڣڶڛطـﯧْـن(AE)

:saint:If you have a death wish, come close to me:saint:

Always keep in mind that you're not alone here and that behind every account there is a human being that does not want to be insulted or treated badly, just like you don't want to be treated that way.

8)(Alpha.AE)(Delta.AE)(Zelos.AE)(Ares.AE_soon.Ares EN).(Kerberos.BR)8)

My birth

IV/XII/MCMXCVI

• I love battle

It will be very long battles for me for days and months ares3 AE is it coming

BVzIdVU.png

(player account)SaLeH YoUnIs(EN)(BR)

(player account)ڝڦڔ ڣڶڛطـﯧْـن(AE)

:saint:If you have a death wish, come close to me:saint:

Always keep in mind that you're not alone here and that behind every account there is a human being that does not want to be insulted or treated badly, just like you don't want to be treated that way.

8)(Alpha.AE)(Delta.AE)(Zelos.AE)(Ares.AE_soon.Ares EN).(Kerberos.BR)8)

My birth

IV/XII/MCMXCVI

• Multis (10 + 1 main) will be allowed but the IP sharing tool in game will disappear.

You will need to send ticket to get the accounts linked again

So game operators will manually check probably 1000+ tickets per server?

Why not just create one server per community where IP sharing accounts are not allowed in any circumstances.