Soft Merge Question Thread

• So I set up some secondary accounts when the game rules were changed to allow me to do so via IP sharing, and now I will lose them.

That's your own fault. The legal multis were never meant "to be set up specifically" but to make sure you do not need to delete accounts after the first merges.

If you go and create extra accounts to play with yourself and aid yourself, that's on you, sorry.

And because I knew that would happen I voted against the legal multis back then. Unfortunately I was overruled.

One player, one account (per server). That's how it should be.

Will players with PL Kerberos accounts have to deal with players from PL Beta? Will there be a restriction on account transfers (i.e. a beta player cannot transfer an account to Orpheus)?

The target servers are clearly stated in the announcements.

pcmIK.jpg

Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.

Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen.

• I do not think it's fair that new servers opened 3-6 months ago are going to be together with alpha and beta servers that are old servers

Yeah, there will be some people who consider this and that not fair. Can't be helped. You'll never make everyone happy.

So just to clarify, account E.g. from s2 can jump to s32?

• badidolwhat if me and my wife have our two accounts on the same target server on the same lobby?

Where other men blindly follow the truth, remember, nothing is true
    Where other men are limited by morality or law, remember, everything is permitted
    We work in the dark to serve the light

• So just to clarify, account E.g. from s2 can jump to s32?

Accounts are merged from the exodus servers (every server NOT mentioned in "remaining servers") to the target servers (every server mentioned in "remaining servers").

pcmIK.jpg

Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen.

• badidolwhat if me and my wife have our two accounts on the same target server on the same lobby?

You should already each have their own lobby. I suggest fixing this. You should not have the same lobby.

pcmIK.jpg

• Hello, why the receiving servers will not have free movement of cities? Receiving servers apart from having to delete accounts will be at a disadvantage against new alliances.

You should already each have their own lobby. I suggest fixing this. You should not have the same lobby.

and how can one of us split lobby? we didnt know whats going on with splits when lobbies first introduced.

Where other men blindly follow the truth, remember, nothing is true
    Where other men are limited by morality or law, remember, everything is permitted
    We work in the dark to serve the light

and how can one of us split lobby? we didnt know whats going on with splits when lobbies first introduced.

Same case here, how to split 2 accounts from a lobby?
    Needless to say a merge made them into 1 lobby, they were separated 10 years ago and had two different email addresses, then merge had happened and now share 1 email and 1 lobby.

• I'm a bit confused here.

The merger which some of us who have been playing for a long time, have waited for, is finally happening. Only, instead of having a few merging options on the US servers, we have only 3 options, 2 of which are the original servers with the original maps for wonders, and only 1 server with the new maps.

the US servers should have at least 4 options, 2 servers with the new maps, otherwise this is pointless, and you can readily expect players to quit the game entirely instead of merging. And this would obviously be counter-productive to what this merger is trying to achieve here. Especially with the large number of servers currently.

Now I read that "suddenly" the multi system is being turned off. OK I get that, but, there are many of us who have been playing for 10+ years, and have more than 1 existing account on Alpha and/or Beta, which are our original accounts from the early days. Asking us to simply "delete" one account is stupid, really really stupid. Time and money invested in these account will obviously not be returned by any means, even though it's considered stealing, and leaves GF open to legal issues from players being forced to do so without any type of compensation for those accounts we'll be forced to delete.

So why not grandfather the system to allow existing players with more than one account already on the target servers to keep them ? This would create less headaches long and short term. Otherwise, GF is just dropping the ball. And simply having a mod say" sucks to be you" is not the proper or respectful way to address these issues.

If you're telling me i need to delete one of my 2 accounts on Beta, then you'd better give me credit for the resources I used to build and donate, as well as the Ambrosia i bought over the years, to the one remaining account i am being forced to keep. Seriously. And reading the comments in this thread, i know I am not the only one who thinks this way.

And btw, GF should have sent an in-game message about this to every server.. Why was this not done yet ???

• So I set up some secondary accounts when the game rules were changed to allow me to do so via IP sharing, and now I will lose them.

That's your own fault. The legal multis were never meant "to be set up specifically" but to make sure you do not need to delete accounts after the first merges.

If you go and create extra accounts to play with yourself and aid yourself, that's on you, sorry.

And because I knew that would happen I voted against the legal multis back then. Unfortunately I was overruled.

One player, one account (per server). That's how it should be.

You do understand that the whole point of the IP sharing system is to stop a player from supporting their main account with valid secondary accounts. Only VPN based account players can do that and they are not being removed.

My extra accounts allow me to get involved in doing other things with my alliance teammates and other players on the server as my main is now about 13 years old and has very little to build and research.

As for your personal views, they are not the thing being discussed here, the focus should be on the actions and changes being made by the business.

• Agreed. I myself don't have the problem that I have multiple accounts on the target server. But GF creates a problem ITSELF back in 2015 by bringing multi's to the game. And now just saying; 'We don't care, it is now your problem' is not a way to treat other people. And IMO just shows how unprofessional the company is. Don't get me wrong, I totally agree with removing the multi's. But GF should take responsebility for it and give a chance to not have to delete accounts. Especially to original accounts which were not on the same server to start with...

One more question;
    Everywhere I read there will be limited places on target servers. How many places will there be available in total per server?

• I'm still a bit confused about this merge.

On the UK server, according to this table, it lists the following servers: 1, 2, 16, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47

My assumption was that all of these servers would be getting merged into one.

So my confusion is why the message we received from Ikariam is stating this, on two of the servers that I play on Alpha (1) and Hydra (46):

we have great news for you: a merge of Ikariam servers and communities has been planned. This server will be a "target server": this means that it will receive accounts coming from other servers and/or communities, so be prepared for a boost in the game activities and in players' presence!

Was this a mistake, or are the servers going to be getting merged to more than one server? And if so, how will we know which one goes to which?

BTW, I'm probably the millionth person to say this, but I think it's a terrible idea, especially considering that people have paid ambrosia for so many things just to have to delete their accounts. I feel like there should be a better way to increase engagement.

Thanks

• I have one more question here...

Will those of us with mutli accounts on the target servers, also have the option to move them to another server ? I have 2 accounts on beta, IF i wanted to move one of those to NY instead, will i have that chance, or are those of us on the target servers "stuck" there with this merger...?

• You do understand that the whole point of the IP sharing system is to stop a player from supporting their main account with valid secondary accounts. Only VPN based account players can do that and they are not being removed.

You do understand that benefits form multi accounts can be gained also within the IP treaty system, right? Donating, placeholder spots on islands, wonder leeching, collecting pirate points for alliance etc.

Will those of us with mutli accounts on the target servers, also have the option to move them to another server ? I have 2 accounts on beta, IF i wanted to move one of those to NY instead, will i have that chance, or are those of us on the target servers "stuck" there with this merger...?

Moving from the target servers is possible for ambrosia.

Everywhere I read there will be limited places on target servers. How many places will there be available in total per server?

The server will be the same size, so - depends on the players who are already playing there.

• If I understood your question correctly, the servers mentioned are the servers that will remain. Meaning that all OTHER servers (Not mentioned in the list) will have to merge into those servers.

Of course you have to choose what your target server is and it has to be one of the mentioned servers (remaining servers).

Zephyros - Leader of Alliance WAR

fa18f1b7daa54139763b89d1c8833217.jpg

• What will happened to the ambrosia/real money we invested from the accounts we are forced to delete due to new rules?

Answer better be "All ambrosia from all accounts will be consolidated in the lobby" or this is utter BULL!

"On the contrary, woman is the best equipped machine ever went to battle"

-Richard Le Gallienne

edited-image_8.png

"Asking polite with a gun in your hand is better than asking polite with nothing"

• Code
    1. In my family we have 4 accounts on the test server and in all these years we have never crossed our game. Why do I have to delete 3 accounts? Isn't there a way to continue (IP sharing, 4 different mails, etc.)? Closing multiaccounts (regular and non-regular) means "closing Ikariam".
    Code

Code
    1. In my family we have 4 accounts on the test server and in all these years we have never crossed our game. Why do I have to delete 3 accounts? Isn't there a way to continue (IP sharing, 4 different mails, etc.)? Closing multiaccounts (regular and non-regular) means "closing Ikariam".
    Code

There is no ban for multi accounts on the test server. There the account will not be deleted