Soft Merge Question Thread

• I do not think it's fair that new servers opened 3-6 months ago are going to be together with alpha and beta servers that are old servers

Yeah, there will be some people who consider this and that not fair. Can't be helped. You'll never make everyone happy.

A first-place player on a new server with a 500K score cannot face a 70M larger player

Can't be helped. You'll never make everyone happy. The goal is to consolidate and create fewer but more active servers.

Why not do merges even with small servers opened in the last two years

The goal is to consolidate and create fewer but more active servers and not to create a server situation everyone will be happy with. That is simply not possible.

It is important to note that each user is on a different server, and now I have to throw them in the trash?

If there are more accounts than target servers, yes, you'll have to make a choice which accounts to keep.

pcmIK.jpg

Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.

Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen.

• badidol

please answer my question from the first page:(

Your question is answered in the FAQ already.

pcmIK.jpg

Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen.

• After the merger, I will have items in the inventory such as polis displacements, then I will also have resources that I can donate to the target server depending on how much I had donated to the merged server.

Then I want to buy the premium function to move an account to another server, move to another community such as the EN one because it is more active, would I still have polis movements, resources to be donated etc or would they be canceled / disabled with the account transfer?

Thanks

GDanger.gif

Ares: Dangǝr [9-1-1]

• badidol hi can u get ride of piracy and black market at same time those are killing the game together with multiaccounts sice pirates did come this game becames boring just click click not fight like in old days .

Also those who have have ipsharings with his multis why to send ticket instead why not GF save those data base in their system keeping ipsharing button is usefull i think ,also is not fair to get ride of those multis wich we worked hard to build them up ,

Also players at target servers deserv some fairness in this merge why not give them chance to relocate themself close to alliance mates

Sorry about my english

VK

vendon2-1.jpg

Alpha.com - GeneraL of Lost

Alpha.com - Leader of ViP

Pi.org GeneraL of BANE

Pangaia1 - Leader of CRAZY

• Then I want to buy the premium function to move an account to another server, move to another community such as the EN one because it is more active, would I still have polis movements, resources to be donated etc or would they be canceled / disabled with the account transfer?

Items in your inventory aren't removed during a server transfer.

hi can u get ride of piracy and black market at same time

No.

Also those who have have ipsharings with his multis why to send ticket instead why not GF save those data base in their system keeping ipsharing button is usefull i think ,also is not fair to get ride of those multis wich we worked hard to build them up ,

Because that button is part of the "legal multis" system and the "legal multis" system is being removed.

pcmIK.jpg

• Not much time given for test merge it seems - so only a few hours left to select, it appears.

For the actual real merge: you have 336 hours to choose, to be exact. 14 days from the time the choosing period starts. That's more than a few hours, I'd say.

The test server merge was more for us than for you. The PTS is a PTS. Anything can happen on there. At any given time. That's what test servers are there for :)

I was clearly not talking about the "actual merge", I commented on the rapidly dwindling time for the test server merge today. I asked what the deal was with test server accounts - 1 on the new test server only, or all will be able to be transferred. That wasn't answered. Nor was on whether the option to transfer 2nd accounts on destination servers to other destination servers in the "actual merge".

• So I would also be able to bring my own resources to donate right?

Those accumulated with donations in the previous server and packaged after the merger

Thanks again

GDanger.gif

Ares: Dangǝr [9-1-1]

• I asked what the deal was with test server accounts - 1 on the new test server only, or all will be able to be transferred.

Test servers are test servers. We test things on them. They're not normal playing servers. Never have been, never will be.

For all intents and purposes, the same applies to them though as it does to normal servers: the exodus server does no longer exist after the merge phase and the game rules apply just the same, which means, that only one account is allowed per player per server.

pcmIK.jpg

• badidol Switched from one test server to another on the test server. In alpha from the old version servers, for example, Hephaestus is only available on the island of sulfur. As alpha 1, a new version world could be created and all accounts could be moved to the new server as in the test server.

9cj9lE.jpg

• A question.

You made a comment that target servers such as Alpha and Beta are not exodus servers. I take that to mean that there will be no option for players on target servers to move. If this is correct what happens if you have 2 or more accounts on a target server? Do you have to choose which one to keep and delete all the rest?

p58j7mB.png

• On behalf of my alliance on Beta server I am asking if the rule change abolishing the multi accounts (which is much appreciated) could be accompanied by an additional rule change which would inhibit the use of Generals banks of players staying in extended and repeated vacation mode with millions of generals scores. This practice skews the logistics of warfare to a very great extent.

Thank you,

Gibon

• So I set up some secondary accounts when the game rules were changed to allow me to do so via IP sharing, and now I will lose them. The players who maintain secondary accounts via VPN sessions will get to keep theirs.

Abolishing multi accounts does not fix piracy, black market and unit/gold banks. All it does is impact players they have followed the rules. I wonder how many multi-account players will be lost due to this.

• inhibit the use of Generals banks of players staying in extended and repeated vacation mode with millions of generals scores.

That's a part of the game and if one person is playing each account - nothing against rules. You just cannot restrict the player how many general scores he is allowed to have or when to go in vacation mode.

• inhibit the use of Generals banks of players staying in extended and repeated vacation mode with millions of generals scores.

That's a part of the game and if one person is playing each account - nothing against rules. You just cannot restrict the player how many general scores he is allowed to have or when to go in vacation mode.

Well, change the rules so that a player can not exit vacation mode and then re-enter it in minutes - set a minimum of say 72 hours as that would cause a large burn of gold on a unit bank and turn the bank into a nice target.

It is not as if you are not planning to make major rule changes.

• Code
    1. In my family we have 4 accounts on the test server and in all these years we have never crossed our game. Why do I have to delete 3 accounts? Isn't there a way to continue (IP sharing, 4 different mails, etc.)? Closing multiaccounts (regular and non-regular) means "closing Ikariam".
    Code
  • Code
    1. In my family we have 4 accounts on the test server and in all these years we have never crossed our game. Why do I have to delete 3 accounts? Isn't there a way to continue (IP sharing, 4 different mails, etc.)? Closing multiaccounts (regular and non-regular) means "closing Ikariam".
    Code

There is no ban for multi accounts on the test server. There the account will not be deleted

9cj9lE.jpg

• Will players with PL Kerberos accounts have to deal with players from PL Beta? Will there be a restriction on account transfers (i.e. a beta player cannot transfer an account to Orpheus)?