Soft Merge Question Thread

• I have a question about the soft merge. I don't see anything about the NL servers. Where are the NL players gonna go?

I assume that the NL servers will disappear but can someone give us some more information about this. It looks like we are one of the forgotten groups. There are also ambro paying players there who play for more than 10 years, we deserve more information.

Greetings Rosie, Ikariam Zeta NL

Member: -O- (Oldskool)
    Voormalig Alpha NL speler uit de oldskool tijd

• They will disappear, we will have to move to one of the remaining servers (as of yet I hear most will move to an EN server).

Hope this answers your question.

Here is a list of EN servers with their corresponding numbers, so you can see which ones will remain:

Servers in Ikariam EN

• Since I'm already seeing lots of questions in my alliances, it seems logical to just create a general question thread for the powers-that-be to answer.

1) What will happen to accounts that are in vmode or are ghosted during this process?

2) Since moved accounts will get the opportunity to warp to desired islands, will the native accounts (i.e. ones on target servers that don't need to move) also get free town relocation options?

3) How quickly will we start seeing moved/merged accounts on destination servers?

4) What happens if the Leader of an alliance is forced to relocate to another server? I know from personal experience during previous merges that Leader accounts were locked in and couldn't do much.

5) What happens if someone has multiple accounts on a destination server already and they don't select any servers to merge to?

6) In the FAQ, it states people will be reimbursed the resources they've invested in the islands for mines/wonders/Helios Towers. What happens if their towns can't hold those resources?

viZb6W5.png

Turmoil's in the air

Hold your breath be deadly calm

Make a final prayer

Don't forget what you have done

• good questions I don't have many answers

1: I'd assume the accounts get random moved as if you timed out on the server selection process and then when they log back in will be the same situation where their towns get placed where ever there is a free spot if the original is taken.

2: I doubt it, although It would be nice to give everyone a fresh opportunity and I know I would take advantage

3: one I can actually answer for sure.. the post says starting next week, and you'll be given 2 weeks to decide before randomly moved.

So it looks like 3weeks possibly a month from now it's all done deal before Christmas.

4-6, haven't a clue.

Diplomat - Raging Kings [Beta]

• I have great questions !

Lets start with this one :

1. So i Have a lobby, there are many accounts, that i wasted my freaking time to build, to spend my time ... because we all know, game is not made for one day, but for years ... so now all my time and work will be deleted, just like that ... Okey, so why there is no option to make another type of server, where you can place them atleast ...

2. In my lobby there is account that i want to give now to my teammate, just because that account is better then his . But also, in this lobby there is mine Main account that i will play . How can i give this account to that guy ? Or i need to delete it just like that ?!

rsz-5e61b8b36d587d0a31d47e86c3f7ea35.png

N.O.T.O.R.I.O.U.S

• In servers merges is going to have 2 very old servers 1,2 (Israel)

Why is it not possible to transfer from Israel to other servers such as the EN ?

All the new servers that have opened in the last year are about to be thrown in the trash?

Why is there no merge even for the newly opened servers? Why only 1,2?

badidol

nqjyeln32jgz.png

• 1 - ) Can we transfer between target servers, for example from Alpha to Beta?

2 - ) As mentioned at first post, I also wonder if also the people on target servers (native) will have right to relocate town as well?

kzpf7fl.png

US Alpha & Pangaia 1 The Godfather 8) 8) 8)

• I have a question about the building material donated to the mines. I moved cities from other islands where I also had donations and this IS included in the donation ranking.

What will it be like after the transfer? Will I get all the resources from all the islands, including those where I'm no longer there?

• Quote from badidol

What happens if I do not choose a server until the server merge time is over?

• You will be moved to a random server and will not be able to move to another server for free afterwards.

I've been thinking on this and need some clarification. To me, this sounds like all accounts have to choose a destination server, even ones that are staying on the same server. (For example, my main account is on Alpha.us and I will choose Alpha.us for a destination.) If everyone chooses a server and is then whisked away to that server and given city moves, does that mean all accounts will be given city moves, even ones that don't actually go anywhere new?

viZb6W5.png

Turmoil's in the air

Make a final prayer

• I reiterate the lobby question.

Also, there is no mention of ambrosia getting transferred from accounts that must be deleted. Imho, I think that is theft/fraud.

Finally Alpha and Beta servers US have old wonders map. Moving there shafts players from newer maps. To be fair, the wonders should be updated and existing accounts given free moves to keep playing styles intact.

I just feel screwed out of hard work and $$$.

Starman

Viet Nam Sociality[VNS] - Alpha US Spokesman
    Bậc Thầy Thịt mèo Nướng

BBQ CAT Master Chef

• 6) In the FAQ, it states people will be reimbursed the resources they've invested in the islands for mines/wonders/Helios Towers. What happens if their towns can't hold those resources?

I cannot say much, but if everything goes like old merges went, you will have that on your inventory and in the mines... view.

• More questions:

As Starman mentioned already, what happens to ambrosia on accounts that we are forced to delete?

What will happen to the war servers, Ares 3 (uk and us)? Will they merge or be deleted or be left alone?

viZb6W5.png

Turmoil's in the air

Make a final prayer

• What I think, with the experience of last merge. But I am totally not sure about it.

1) What will happen to accounts that are in vmode or are ghosted during this process?

I guess vmode account will be randomly relocated. I would guess that ghosted accounts also will be randomly relocated when the timer runs out.

2) Since moved accounts will get the opportunity to warp to desired islands, will the native accounts (i.e. ones on target servers that don't need to move) also get free town relocation options?
    Last time there was a merge (2015), native accounts didn't get any free relocation options. I don't expect them to get it this time.

On second thought this would give problems if people have more than 1 account on the native servers. So I guess they don't get it when they stay on their world but also get a chance to relocate.

3) How quickly will we start seeing moved/merged accounts on destination servers?

It says immediately. They changed it from last time, where it was just the option to subscribe to the merge. But back then you also didn't get an option to choose your world.

4) What happens if the Leader of an alliance is forced to relocate to another server? I know from personal experience during previous merges that Leader accounts were locked in and couldn't do much.
    Last merge the alliance did go together with the leader. I think this time it will be the same. But it would give some weird situations when the leader leaves before the members go to another server.

5) What happens if someone has multiple accounts on a destination server already and they don't select any servers to merge to?

If you happen to have 2 accounts on the same server after the merge, you will probably have to delete one or move one to another server with ambrosia.

6) In the FAQ, it states people will be reimbursed the resources they've invested in the islands for mines/wonders/Helios Towers. What happens if their towns can't hold those resources?
    Last time you didn't get them as resources in your city but just as a amount in you donation screen. So all materials you put into mines and wonders will count up together en you can use them to donate again on your new server. I guess for the helios towers we will them as items in our inventory's.

I even want to add some questions:
    7) Is it allowed to speak other languages on servers than the normal one? Because the servers from my country will get completely deleted..

8 ) What about cities which you built on the 17th island place? Will you get something for that?

• What about cities which you built on the 17th island place? Will you get something for that?

Reimbursed on your inventory.

7) Is it allowed to speak other languages on servers than the normal one? Because the servers from my country will get completely deleted..

I remember some communities that disappeared during last merge. Language stayed English as official server language if I'm not wrong.

• Quote from Ancientking

Last merge the alliance did go together with the leader. I think this time it will be the same. But would give some weird situations when the leader leaves before the members go to another server.

The question was posed: What happens if one player holds the embassies of 2 alliances on the same server? Previously, the Leader couldn't be changed during this process. But this merge is a little different.

viZb6W5.png

Turmoil's in the air

Make a final prayer

• 7) Is it allowed to speak other languages on servers than the normal one? Because the servers from my country will get completely deleted..

I remember some communities that disappeared during last merge. Language stayed English as official server language if I'm not wrong.

But it is allowed to speak other languages? We have players who only speak our native language, would be strange if they have to move but are nowhere allowed to speak their own language...

What happens if one player holds the embassies of 2 alliances on the same server? Previously, the Leader couldn't be changed during this process. But this merge is a little different.

Ho do you imagine this to happen? The alliances are not getting moved, it has to be created on the target server again.

Are you sure about this? Last merge the leaders took the alliance with them to the new server. Wouldn't make me happy to see all our forum posts disappear..