Soft Merge Question Thread

• Did the ghosting got fixed?

Yes - ghosts are moved to graveyard but new ones are still transferring from the exodus serves.

This is the situation in italian Alpha server... so far not a single inactive was removed, every island is filled with ghosts...

I hope that this situation will get fixed soon, now it's impossible to colonise...

• Did the ghosting got fixed?

Yes - ghosts are moved to graveyard but new ones are still transferring from the exodus serves.

This is the situation in italian Alpha server... so far not a single inactive was removed, every island is filled with ghosts...

I hope that this situation will get fixed soon

As said only about a dozen times by now: we're talking about millions of ghosts and that will simply take time.

Once a spot is freed up, it is literally taken again almost instantly.

That has been explained often enough by now, would you PLEASE make the effort to read just a few posts above yours before posting the same thing over and over again? Thank you.

Otherwise we'll just close this thread, if repetition without reading at least a page before your post is all we get from it by now.

pcmIK.jpg

Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.

Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen.

• I read the previous posts and I read that few ghosts disappeared and new ones appeared, I am stating that inactive players in Alpha (Italy) aren't disappearing, they are always the same. The second picture was taken on 12th january, not a single polis has changed name, so no spot were freed and taken again instantly...

I'm sorry to bother you, but I am a bit annoyed... I know that you are working hard, but I wanted to point out this fact

• I am stating that inactive players in Alpha (Italy) aren't disappearing, they are always the same. The second picture was taken on 12th january, not a single polis has changed name, so no spot were freed and taken again instantly...

Yes, this is true for areas near me.

Haven't seen a server (as hardware) which cannot process some hundreds of databases in week.

Because if it has been fixed then badidol don't have to process those accounts manually but it does automatically every 3-4h when script is launched..

uc?id=1Qoxan3Ir6EfokWLhAao_dGw6L6THGxKH

• I too can say that on Alpha on one of my islands the inactives have not changed. But I'm chill. They'll get graveyarded eventually. The Ikariam servers are probably not very powerful so it will take time. In the meantime, one of those awaiting graveyarding is my very first alliance-mate, so it serves as a pleasurable reminder of times past. And who knows, if part of the graveyarding process is sending an email alert then just maybe he'll come back.

• I've forwarded this to devs once again.

The vast majority of ghosts should be deleted 7 days after they popped up. Dev said, only a very tiny amount of potential edge cases can happen, that would not be deleted like this right away but should still be caught by the scripts at some point. Has something to do with server responses and requests being sent to the various servers involved.

So, for now the response remains the same and for the vast majority of cases indeed seems to fit, as I've seen those names changing on a bunch of servers.

pcmIK.jpg

Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen.

• I've forwarded this to devs once again.

The vast majority of ghosts should be deleted 7 days after they popped up. Dev said, only a very tiny amount of potential edge cases can happen, that would not be deleted like this right away but should still be caught by the scripts at some point. Has something to do with server responses and requests being sent to the various servers involved.

So, for now the response remains the same and for the vast majority of cases indeed seems to fit, as I've seen those names changing on a bunch of servers.

it's been over a month now, even my old members are still popping up.

When the game deleted one of my towns for a ghosted unit i had pay with ambro to replant a town on a premium spot on one of the few islands on beta that had one just so i could have my 24/7 forge to fight off all the illegal multis.

I doubt i will ever get that town back or that this 7 day deletion thing will work as shown allready.

I think GF just wants most to leave so they dont have to do refunds as per german law where the servers are based.

reading and writing code is not rocket science and if they cant fix it by now I think they dont want to.

Still waiting for a response on my ticket about my missing town that took years to get to level 35.

No ones getting deleted and maybe you dont play badidol or you would see this,every single island is maxxed to 16 except for premium spots on beta.

GF now ripping off their paying customers is what I see and my alliance members are also getting sick of it.

We want results,not excuses.

It would take me less then 30 minutes to clone this site and change the html to my own links and put it in an index file on my webspace,.

There is no excuse for nothing being done here.

Edited once, last by The crow ().

• reading and writing code is not rocket science and if they cant fix it by now I think they dont want to.

Thinking, as they say, sometimes is a gamble and you just lost that one. That is, however, just the type of somewhat cocky post I've come to expect from you by now. Haven't read a single post from you without that attitude so far. I get the frustration and the anger and believe me, I emphathise. However, neither does that help nor is it something we're going to tolerated limitlessly.

Still waiting for a response on my ticket about my missing town that took years to get to level 35.

And writing this in a forum post instead of escalating your ticket and bumping it in the ticket system felt like a really good way to solve the issue to you? I mean, I'm sorry, but really: how does this make any sense to you? Bump your support ticket. If one actually even exists.

No ones getting deleted

That is simply not true. But I guess you play on every server in existence and have a much better overview than us.

Be that as it may, I've received reports of several players who said that indeed ghosts have been replaced with new ones, meaning: the system now works as intended. Obviously, with millions of ghosts still to be handled, that still feels as if nothing was happening and there are those edge cases mentioned earlier, who may have to run through several attempts until all involved servers and services respons correctly, thus finishing the graveyarding process for that particular account successfully. Neither of us likes that. It is, however, the reality we have to deal with. Neither of us can magically change that, sorry.

We want results,not excuses

Be that as it may, no one here is a magician and can magically make things happen.

I can not give you, what I do not have. It's as simple as that.

pcmIK.jpg

• honestly SHUT YOUR WHINING *** talking as if everyone is working for you. everyone here knows about your god damn deleted city and your attitude about the situation.

we can all summarize your pointless blocks of words to "the ghosts aren't deleted yet!!!!!!!!! my city got deleted!!!!!!!!! when will it be fixed???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO YOUR WORK!!!!!" so please. WE GOT IT now wait for a Fing fix and stop spamming the goddamn post... kid

[mod='badidol']Please find more suitable words to express those feelings next time.[/mod]

• Please behave :)

Emotions are running high, everyone's tense, frustrated and unhappy and god knows, we all imagined this whole thing going down very differently. Still, there's no need to call each other names.

pcmIK.jpg

• The ticket exists,ask Draxo. I had to do a second one so it was bumped.

Your ticket is still in progress.
    Handled by: This ticket is being handled by GameOperator.
  • Kappa-IT same situation. Something is happening cause a few account now from (i) reached the (v), but as i said, a few. Literally 3 as far as I've seen and no one disappeared yet. (we reached 17050 in lb)

I get it Mod-GA-CM.. ur point is "we know and we feel the struggle", not quite sure about that cause u all forced newborn accounts into dead server for some ($) random reason, but still. I want to believe what u r saying. Otherwise i will quit rn cause from 6 to 12 month i wont be able to play the game ( or spend some dinero and get ready rn! eheh.. 5headed..)

Now, the script is running, but its failing more than a bit as i read in this 3d.

Just want to say, 1 bad move may happen, 2 ehh, oke, 3 nah, but still trustful, 4. Well that's a no, and yall surpassed "4" long time ago. Most of my alliance, from Tanathos, already quit the game, other v-mode. Its just boring, you cant compete with 10kk account, you cant trade with people 10kk, you cant do piracy cause 10kk. you cant learn the game cause 10kk. All you can do is sit and w8, hoping the game will last enough in order to let you play it. Oh yeaaaaaaaa, barbarians.. no f this dude. i did not sign up to pve until the end of time. Plus they r boring too and too strong until "all future 1" in research.

And for what i've seen so far, the game will die. U all took away the possibilities to have fun in this game, u all allowed multi in order to save the a$$, u all planned this merge with ur brain off, and no new feature announced so far.

Just remember, only the people with friends, rivals, good memories, the one who really love this game, are still playing it. And with this moves, you will piss off even us. Once again i, we, trust you. But we need some real fact not only good words and ton of excuses.

• Just remember, only the people with friends, rivals, good memories, the one who really love this game, are still playing it. And with this moves, you will piss off even us. Once again i, we, trust you. But we need some real fact not only good words and ton of excuses.

What exactly you want from Gameforge now? The situation is as it is, and available resources and options are as they are, as stated zillion times.

Btw, the reason for allowing multi accounts has been clearly stated as well. And you cannot expect inventing new features until the merge is not fully fixed and finished.

• What i want? First of all, not sarcastic answer from frustrated FA. We, (player) did not planned this but we suffer the consequence.

Second, yes the merge still not fixed, but new features did not pop out from the void. Plans need to be done in order to stop the count of bs.

The reason for allowing muli was saving a$$ as i wrote. People spend money on this game and GF forced a merge without thinking. Some player may have more account than server target, that wasn't my bad, but i still pay for this.

If you cant handle the pressure, just dont answer. I did not quote nor @.

Just wanted to clear the situation in Kappa-IT, with some add of personal thought.

• If you cant handle the pressure, just dont answer. I did not quote nor @.

My apologies but this is a free forum, free section and free topic, available for all players who want to participate in the discussion, no matter if someone likes the answer or not. We all know the problems, and we also do agree that it's partly Gameforge's fault but does it really help or change anything if you keep asking the same thing for hundreds and hundreds times? I don't think so. The community manager badidol knows the problems, the developers know the problems, the QA testers know the problems and most likely also other people know these problems already. If you want to lower your energy somehow, probably take a snow shovel or go for a run but hating, cursing and whining won't help anyone. :)

And after I see so many wannabe developers, game designers and customer service experts here I just can't stop wondering when some of you will finally show us your projects and why your games are not yet a way more successful as Gameforge which you are cursing about? ?(