Soft Merge Question Thread

• I'm happy to see some open spots, maybe not the most popular Islands but It is some progress. This screenshot is from Pi

Most inactive were transported on those "non so popular spots" because popular spots were taken after merge :) In my case, new spots were filled anyways with new people, some on vacation, some inactive. I suppose it will take some time to clean the servers.

• This is wierd. I've just teleported two cities into newly-freed slots and their spaces (on their original island) were immediately filled by inactives or people on vacation (I'm not sure which). And I don't mean 10 minutes later but immediately.

Ya,dont believe a thing they tell you as new inactives are added daily and because they dont do their homework I did some for them. This is beta server which is under siege by a few hundred who are promising to take it down.

Merge Report

date - player count

3011 - 1314

1012 - 2921

2012 - 4422

3112 - 7653

1001 - 11087

1101 - 10923 = -164

1201 - 11020 = +97

1301 - 11290 = +270

1401 - 11592 = +302

1601 - 12291 = +699

1801 - 12795 = +504

1901 - 13076 = +81

2001 - 13371 = +295

2201 - 14109 = +738

2301 - 14345 = +236

2401 - 14650 = +305

2501 - 14943 = +293

2601 - 15202 = +259

2801 - 15715 = +513

3001 - 16296 = +581

0102 - 16880 = +584

0202 - 16908 = +18

• Be patient my friend Game forge employers arent robots they are doing their best give them some more time plz and everything will be good again dont u think they want this problem to be solve more than us :)

vendon2-1.jpg

Alpha.com - GeneraL of Lost

Alpha.com - Leader of ViP

Pi.org GeneraL of BANE

Pangaia1 - Leader of CRAZY

• Ya,dont believe a thing they tell you as new inactives are added daily and because they dont do their homework I did some for them. This is beta server which is under siege by a few hundred who are promising to take it down.

I think are the one who has not done the homework. The inactive players will appear again and again, because there are still a lot of ghosted players to be moved to target servers. The fix here means that from now on they should disappear accordingly to the phases of inactivity.

What does "light cargo" mean?

Changing the capacity of trading ships in Transport screen.

• I think are the one who has not done the homework. The inactive players will appear again and again, because there are still a lot of ghosted players to be moved to target servers. The fix here means that from now on they should disappear accordingly to the phases of inactivity.

Talking about homework.. what if there's a number X of inactive player under my town? Hopefully 3-4 months from now the perma spam of inactive will be stopped or at least reduce to minimum. No? So..

Case:

I decide to move my town for Y reason, and then go back after *time*. There's the possibilities to find the place taken? Even after most of the inactive has been moved? cause if the end of it is : all inactive transferred.. and we have X number of inactive under our town..

Plus, same spot, what is the time frame between X-inactive gone and Y-inactive pop out? Not specifically, just a second/minutes/hour/..

• Plus, same spot, what is the time frame between X-inactive gone and Y-inactive pop out? Not specifically, just a second/minutes/hour/..

Just a general flow how it most likely happens (I am not a developer but these are the principles working in the past): the system picks a ghosted account from the source server, randomly picks up the target server and checks the coordinates which are max close to the old coordinates on the islands with the same luxus resource. If the islands with the specific resource are full, the islands around it get checked until the available spots are found and the towns moved. Then go back and pick another account. Definitely it's more about seconds and not hours.

• Plus, same spot, what is the time frame between X-inactive gone and Y-inactive pop out? Not specifically, just a second/minutes/hour/..

Just a general flow how it most likely happens (I am not a developer but these are the principles working in the past): the system picks a ghosted account from the source server, randomly picks up the target server and checks the coordinates which are max close to the old coordinates on the islands with the same luxus resource. If the islands with the specific resource are full, the islands around it get checked until the available spots are found and the towns moved. Then go back and pick another account. Definitely it's more about seconds and not hours.

Sounds like a good explanation. But how is it then working for the accounts to get deleted? Which accounts gets deleted and when. Right now it doesn't seem that any accounts are being deleted - it's the same situation as has been for months now. will they get deleted after 7 days? a month ? more or less time?

• Right now it doesn't seem that any accounts are being deleted - it's the same situation as has been for months now.

The only thing that got fixed was the deletion, as only that was broken.

Meaning: accounts will vanish after 7 days again. However, as previously stated several times, we're talking about millions of ghosts here. So until all ghosts have been handled free slots will be filled up with new ghosts (who will then be deleted 7 days later) pretty much instantly.

pcmIK.jpg

Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.

Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen.

• Right now it doesn't seem that any accounts are being deleted - it's the same situation as has been for months now.

The only thing that got fixed was the deletion, as only that was broken.

Meaning: accounts will vanish after 7 days again. However, as previously stated several times, we're talking about millions of ghosts here. So until all ghosts have been handled free slots will be filled up with new ghosts (who will then be deleted 7 days later) pretty much instantly.

Thanks for the answer.

I guess you have considered to lower the time of 7 days ? e.g. 1 day or less. That would be really great. We are talking about 10 year old accounts most of them less than 1 mill in total score - and lots of accounts with the basic score of 60!

Waiting 7 days for a 10 year old account with a score of 60 - seems unneccessary and quite unfair for active players that has been active in the game for years.

I would once again highlight the frustration many of us feels. We were forced to merge into a target server - being unable to locate to decent locations - and hence unable too play the game decently. It's been like that for more than 2 months now.

So I really urge GF to find solutions that are faster than 7 days pr. account.

• I guess you have considered to lower the time of 7 days ?

No, for a simple reason: deletion is deletion. There is no deletion for this kind of accounts, deletion for this other kind, deletion for yet another kind...

As Draxo pointed out: that would affect all accounts that are set for deletion, so that means: GDPR requests, self-deletions, inactivity deletions....all of them. It's simply not an option, as you want some accounts to not be deleted right away and we're not going to write a dozen of different deletion scripts.

We'll all survive :)

pcmIK.jpg

Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen.

• What's new for merging war servers?

Nothing.

Are you working on something?

Nope, we're just twiddling our thumbs here!

All jokes aside: please check the news. The latest news post concerning that is still valid and will remain to be so until we post a new one.

Or we have to wait another 2 months

I can simply not respond to that, as I have no idea, how long it will take to fix the remaining issues.

pcmIK.jpg

• I guess you have considered to lower the time of 7 days ?

No, for a simple reason: deletion is deletion. There is no deletion for this kind of accounts, deletion for this other kind, deletion for yet another kind...

As Draxo pointed out: that would affect all accounts that are set for deletion, so that means: GDPR requests, self-deletions, inactivity deletions....all of them. It's simply not an option, as you want some accounts to not be deleted right away and we're not going to write a dozen of different deletion scripts.

We'll all survive :)

So for my understanding - the merge has been planned all the way to flood the target servers with inactive accounts being inactive for 7 days before deletion?

At least I think GF should inform for the different servers how long time they expect this situation being like this. It's really anoying being on servers where your hands are tied - now for more than 2 months.

The main problem here is that players already on the target servers has tremendous advantage over players that were forced to move to the target servers via the merge. And we had no clue that we would not be able to allocate our towns at decent spots.

I know we will all survive - its just a game. But the planning, execution and follow up on this merge has just been crappy to say at least.

• What are the remaining issues regarding the merger.

Please read above. They've all been mentioned often enough.

So for my understanding - the merge has been planned all the way to flood the target servers with inactive accounts being inactive for 7 days before deletion?

Had the deletion worked this wouldn't have been nearly as big an issue.

But yes, the way the graveyarding works was planned this way.

At least I think GF should inform for the different servers how long time they expect this situation being like this.

Soft Merge Question Thread

The main problem here is that players already on the target servers has tremendous advantage over players that were forced to move to the target servers via the merge. And we had no clue that we would not be able to allocate our towns at decent spots.

That remains untrue, however, I've explained this often enough and will not again drift away into the whole discussion about how having been on a server already is NOT an advantage. If you feel strongly about discussing this, do so somewhere else, please. It has been discussed often enough and I see no reason to repeat myself for the n-th time on this topic.

But the planning, execution and follow up on this merge has just been crappy to say at least.

It's your prerogative to feel that way, of course.

While we admit (and have previously done so already more than once), that it didn't exactly work out the way it was planned, I will not comment on the rest as this would be rather pointless.

pcmIK.jpg

• That remains untrue, however, I've explained this often enough and will not again drift away into the whole discussion about how having been on a server already is NOT an advantage. If you feel strongly about discussing this, do so somewhere else, please. It has been discussed often enough and I see no reason to repeat myself for the n-th time on this topic.

I do not think you get my point. When you are at war being able to activate the Forge and poseidon miracles 24/7 is an advantage or more precisely a must. Also the possibility to have your towns or ally towns in close vicinity is considered an advantage. If thats not possible due to the way of the merge then the players/ally's that have these requisits in place due to the mere fact that they were already settled on the target server before the arrival of the inactive accounts or merger account have an advantag. Its as simple as that - and thats the TRUTH. case closed - We have been waiting and idling for 2 months now - we can idle two months more or whatever time it takes. We are patient - after all we still play IKA.

• That remains untrue, however, I've explained this often enough and will not again drift away into the whole discussion about how having been on a server already is NOT an advantage. If you feel strongly about discussing this, do so somewhere else, please. It has been discussed often enough and I see no reason to repeat myself for the n-th time on this topic.

I do not think you get my point. When you are at war being able to activate the Forge and poseidon miracles 24/7 is an advantage or more precisely a must. Also the possibility to have your towns or ally towns in close vicinity is considered an advantage. If thats not possible due to the way of the merge then the players/ally's that have these requisits in place due to the mere fact that they were already settled on the target server before the arrival of the inactive accounts or merger account have an advantag. Its as simple as that - and thats the TRUTH. case closed - We have been waiting and idling for 2 months now - we can idle two months more or whatever time it takes. We are patient - after all we still play IKA.

why is that an advantage? the fact that you like playing like that doesn't make it the best way to play the game

ASSINATURA-2023.png