Soft Merge Question Thread

• With the multi accounters that have 500,000 to a million gen scores vowing to take down beta server I would say the games done.

The last 2 weeks they put a 1/3rd of the server in v.mode and there's no sign of them stopping.

• As all Beta server residents, are you sure you haven't done anything in the past to make Iranians very angry? :/

Because what you said started to sound like a big vow of revenge. :whistling:

Resim.png

• I'm not done yet!

I will have my revenge...

Good luck because they just scooped another account and it has a 1.9 million gen score and he's not in v.mode. I wonder how much they paid for that account?

Naaah, that doesn't sound broken to me at all. (rolls eyes)

I'm starting to wonder if maybe the Game Ops' hands are tied.

In the modern world of phones and computers and so on, all having different internet providers, besides all the other ways people seem to have different IP addresses. And these days, companies tend to cleanse customers' IP info after a certain length of time. So "IP fleet contact" as the only restriction seems kinda out-dated and possibly unable to address the various cheating going on.

So is this the new status quo?

• As all Beta server residents, are you sure you haven't done anything in the past to make Iranians very angry? :/

Because what you said started to sound like a big vow of revenge. :whistling:

Yup,they banned a lot of their high gen illegal multis. I have some taking up spots on my islands.

They said they would take it down and they are.

• Only?

If less than 2bil gen, than it's nothing.

• Yes pls stay on the related topic in server merge. Especially the deletion of inactive accounts. Someone already working on the issue or is it too hard to resolve?

j5hK0MK.gif

EN War Server - Black List Hunters

• Someone already working on the issue or is it too hard to resolve?

If you spent a minute of your time and scroll a bit up, you could see this being explained numerous times.

Hehe sorry for I am too lazy to scroll and back read. With unrelated posts I've seen, no time for me to check every pages.

I know you guys are also tired to explain again and again. keep on fighting and dont lose hope. I just keep wondering when will be the exact time for inactives to be deleted. Most of inactives have a lot of reso to farm, but there are also key spots that we've been waiting to be free so we can colonize a new town :)

j5hK0MK.gif

EN War Server - Black List Hunters

• I know you guys are also tired to explain again and again. keep on fighting and dont lose hope. I just keep wondering when will be the exact time for inactives to be deleted.

Sorry but no news yet. The only thing we can tell - the people are working on it, but no idea when the fix will be developed and tested to be deployed on production. :S

• Yes pls stay on the related topic in server merge. Especially the deletion of inactive accounts. Someone already working on the issue or is it too hard to resolve?

I think the addition of inactive accounts booting an active account from it's old spot is relevant to the topic as this would not happen with no merge or one that was figured out beforehand. When I merged from gamma server to beta it went through without a hitch. Last week beta was gaining 300 inactives a day and now the server is chock full.

• Shouldn't the inactive STAY on graveyard server until the day somebody logs them back in? If Ever?

As I understand the problem, they are transferred to the graveyard server via a process similar to moving your acconut to a different server. But unfortunately the deletion on the origin servers does not follow the expected 7 days. But something is happening now and then because accounts are dissapearing - and new ones are popping up if you are not fast taking up the spot.

Unfortunately it means that the game is more or less unplayable - especially for all those of us that were forced to move because of a server being deleted.

its almost 2 months since the merge was initiated - so for many of us the game has been unplayable for almost 2 months. Its in this context that the game supporters should meet our frustration - we do not need sarcastic comments as feedback to our communication.

Actually I bet that I will get yet another sarcastic comment on this post. Please prove me wrong - please

• Shouldn't the inactive STAY on graveyard server until the day somebody logs them back in? If Ever?

They do. What you're seeing on your server is just a mere remnant.

The graveyarding process, in essence, is just another merge/transfer. The account is being copied from the origin server to the target server. The origin account is banned and deleted 7 days after. This deletion currently does not work.

pcmIK.jpg

Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.

Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen.

• The graveyarding process, in essence, is just another merge/transfer. The account is being copied from the origin server to the target server

As the merge/transfer process is not stable, are dev team working on it rather than spending useless time checking wrong script in cron for graveyarding?

Just got in my mind - are the dev recources still working for Ikariam project or have they been assigned further again?

uc?id=1Qoxan3Ir6EfokWLhAao_dGw6L6THGxKH

• As the merge/transfer process is not stable, are dev team working on it rather than spending useless time checking wrong script in cron for graveyarding?

Those are not 100% separable.

Also: it's not useless to spend time on fixing the account deletion. It is necessary for the deletion to also work.

pcmIK.jpg

Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.

Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen.

• The graveyarding process, in essence, is just another merge/transfer. The account is being copied from the origin server to the target server

As the merge/transfer process is not stable, are dev team working on it rather than spending useless time checking wrong script in cron for graveyarding?

Just got in my mind - are the dev recources still working for Ikariam project or have they been assigned further again?

I got told by all these mods to file a ticket on my missing town and i did. a go could check it out in minutes with the tools game operators have but so far no response in 4 days. I think they just gave up on the game hoping everyone leaves. From illegal multis taking down beta to towns getting deleted and no more empty spots for paying customers to merge to I would like to see them prove me wrong because the last 2 years I have been 100% correct on everything I have posted.

They should hire me,i'll fix their code. The game was never meant to be played like this with people running 15 million gen scores so of course theres bugs. Every suggestion to fix this has been scrubbed by the mods here and the topic deleted. Maybe the mods like the cheating aspect but some of us dont.