Target servers in the upcoming server merges

• So, if this is like last time, the incoming accounts get all the benefits - place cities whereever you want, island donations refunds, etc - will accounts that are already on the target servers also get these benefits, or will they just be "have-nots" like last time?

You wouldn't need to "require" movement of those on target servers, but please, please, at least give us the "option" to be able to gain the benefits that the incoming accounts get.

If only out of fairness.

• Im pretty sure target server residents will not get any benefits, same as last time.

But the good news is you already have a secure town

If you live in a desirable location I would recommend you deploy all mobile towns to the spot you usually keep them and keep a low profile during the merger (ie: don't move them) so as to make sure your spot don't get taken suddenly.

Diplomat - Raging Kings [Beta]

• We can any of us remember last time. But that doesn't mean that this time cannot be more fair.

And from a programming perspective, this doesn't appear difficult. They could easily give us the option of receiving:

"Will I be able to move my cities to an island of my choice? - You will be given a number of city relocation items equal to the number of cities you had at the moment of your move."

And if I remember correctly, the merger programming is more like "ghosting". The account ghosts out, and when you next sign in, you are then randomly placed in the world with town-moving credits you can use.

from a programming perspective, source and target server is each just a number.

And this would be a selectable "option" for those on the target servers. Stay if you prefer, or gain the benefits if you prefer.

• so If I understand you correct you want to be given city moves even if you don't move to a different server?

• So Im real confused about the merger on US: servers alpha, beta, NY will remain? All other servers will be closed?

IS GF seriously wanting people to delete all but 1 account? why is'nt IP share treaties going to be enough?

Are the town moves stored in inventory or a limited time like on the 1st merger?

Are donations handled the same way as last where they go into a "donate" only section?

It says you will be reimbursed and put in inventory but most players have donated millions and will not be able to store that in their towns.

It says some communities will be merged.. which?

I understand some details have not been worked out, Will details be solidified BEFORE merger options open so people have a chance to know whats going on before getting into a land rush situation.

• I honestly don't see that happening, you've already got your spot reserved if you live on a target server it's the new people that are being displaced.

I think this is the reasoning they gave last time and I doubt it will change this time.

If I read it correct some will be coming from "newer" wonder servers where forge is not just sulfur for example, so those people are in for a rougher time then most. (I think NY might be a new wonder server, but Alpha/Beta are old school smash mouth sulfur forge)

If I understand correct when this is done.. alpha, beta, and NY is the only remaining US servers

good news for player consolidation.. and that might also be why they are wanting to kill off multi accounting.. unfortunately GF helped create that situation and now they're asking people to delete accounts they may have put $$$$ into.

a far better option would be to take the totality of things put into the extra accounts and combined them into a single one.

Donations, Ambrosia, all collective building costs and gold get transferred to the primary account

All of that should be easy to do except building costs which would need to be put into some sort of "virtual" bank, or given in "inventory" in the form of resource drop items.

I suspect incredible backlash if they go thru with forced deletion without compensation.

This is a game that takes YEARS.. I've been playing since 08 or 09 and not even close to the top.

• Incoming players are getting randomly placed, so it's logical for them to have free town moves. Now imagine: player A comes to the target server and place towns on some good islands. Now the player from these islands (who has been on this server already) moves his towns away - player A would appear on empty islands again which would be more than unfair.

So, I don't see anything positive in allowing to move towns for free for native players on target servers.

• I don't disagree that's a good thing on it's own.

But GF created the situation when they started closing servers.. all the while opening up new ones.

It's not really the players fault.. the "illegal" mutli's who do it without ip-sharing aren't gonna be affected.. only the honest people

Some of those accounts im sure have real $$$$ behind.. need clarification on what's going to happen, I suspect backlash if it's as it sounds.

• which is "another" benefit for incoming accounts.

there are existing accounts on now empty islands on the target servers - such is life on ikariam.

But ok, to address the premise of your concern, just let those on the target servers do their moves the week before incoming accounts. Then the following week, the dust will be settled, and incoming accounts can make their choices as before.

• Quote from Rastan

It's not really the players fault.. the "illegal" mutli's who do it without ip-sharing aren't gonna be affected.. only the honest people

I completely agree. This is the reason why I haven't done *too much* complaining about multis. The obvious solution (getting rid of multis) is only going to affect the people who play by the rules.

viZb6W5.png

Turmoil's in the air

Hold your breath be deadly calm

Make a final prayer

Don't forget what you have done

• Neighbors ain't all they're cracked up to be.. If you have good island mates then the world is your oyster, I've got nothing but leeches on my islands.. and once they decide to go gold mode there is nothing you an really do about it.

If I had just 1 wish for this game.. it would be to bring back gold pillaging.. we'll let ya keep 1million safe.. but anything over that you risk.

I shouldn't have a bunch of leeches on my islands and them be in gold mode stacking up millions with me helpless to do anything. about it but sit on their towns which costs me gold and they don't care anyway.

I literally sat on one guy 18months.. 1 1/2 years, eventually they just gave up and quit fighting back but leech away they did.

Actually.. scratch that.. 1 wish.. faith is town based not island based.. there problem solved leeches get nothing, I don't have to suffer for it.

• If I had one wish.. Make faith be based on only your own town. Take away that part of leeching. :)

viZb6W5.png

Turmoil's in the air

Hold your breath be deadly calm

Make a final prayer

Don't forget what you have done

• As I heard receptors servers will have time enough to get their things done, before receiving new people

Receptors won't have city movements as happened before

fusfuspng.png

• If I read it correct some will be coming from "newer" wonder servers where forge is not just sulfur for example, so those people are in for a rougher time then most. (I think NY might be a new wonder server, but Alpha/Beta are old school smash mouth sulfur forge)

Correct .. Ny is a new wonder server.

Game Administrator Ikariam.us

Game Administrator Ikariam.nl

• Thank you, fusfus.

Though I am sorry to hear that accounts on the target servers will not receive any benefit from these merges.

I am on an Alpha server, so I guess I will never see the benefits that others do.

I guess it's my own fault for contributing to the activity of the server. Funny how people from less active servers seem to always get the benefits. (Why does that just sound like rewarding failure?)

Kinda makes it feel like those who stay active and contribute, seem to consistently get nothing.

definitely makes one think about the value of staying active and continuing to contribute.

Anyway, thanks again for the info.

• As I heard receptors servers will have time enough to get their things done, before receiving new people

Receptors won't have city movements as happened before

But you also don't allow players to have more than 1 account per server. So what you do with the native players who have more than 1 account on the receptors servers? IMO you should give them the choice to move to another server like the rest.

• A few years back Gameforge did a merger and allowed multi accounts, Most people flocked to the board and scream NO FAIR multi accounting kills he game lets people I personally dont like to have more then one account per server. Fast foward to today. Gameforge is reversing the Multi account rules back to only allowing one account per server. I see the same people who all had that a hissy fit the first time around. now saying BOOO WHOO I cant multi account and cheat anymore what am I going to do. Here is what you do. Pick your highest point account to keep. select all the rest to delete, Because if you dont Gamefore will do it for you. This is not a secret Gameforge is not hiding whats going to happen. Just do what they are telling you to do and quit your soapbox.

newsiggo20.png

Game Operator EN / Board Mod US