Ikariam goes Soft Merge

• Dear players,

we've been working on making merges possible again in Ikariam. It's taken us a while, but we reached a point at which we can offer merges again!
    Starting next week we'll introduce what we call "soft merges" to Ikariam. You will be given a period of 2 weeks in which you'll be able to to choose a target server for your account(s).
    Your account(s) will be merged right away after you chose a target server. If you don't choose a server during those 2 weeks, your accounts will be put on a target server chosen by the system.

Please find an FAQ in the next post that will answer most of your questions.

Along with this merge we're also changing the game rules. It will no longer be allowed to have more than one account on the same server. This means: every player may have one account per server. Families, shared flats, etc. can announce ip sharing to the GOs via ticket system. Having more than one account on the same server will lead to sanctions for multiaccounting. The "10 allowed multi accounts" system will be removed.

Since we are still fine-tuning the system to make sure that everything works as intended, we don't know an exact date just yet. We will inform you about the exact date as soon as we know it.

Your Ikariam Team

pcmIK.jpg

Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.

Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen.

• FAQ

What will be merged?

• We will be merging several servers and even some communities together. The list of servers and communities to be merged can be seen in the table at the bottom.

Will we be able to choose which server we move to?

• Yes, you will have time until the counter runs down to choose which server you want to go to. Bear in mind that the number of free spaces on those servers will shrink the longer you deliberate, as others will be choosing their new servers as well!

What happens once I choose a specific server to move to?

• Once you choose and confirm that you want to move to a specific server, you will be immediately moved there.

What happens if I do not choose a server until the server merge time is over?

• You will be moved to a random server and will not be able to move to another server for free afterwards.

Will I be able to move my cities to an island of my choice?

• You will be given a number of city relocation items equal to the number of cities you had at the moment of your move.

What happens to my Friendship bonus ships if my friends do not move to the same server as me?

• Since that bonus is no longer obtainable, your friends do not have to move to the same server. The players that have received those bonus ships were awarded them as a flat bonus to their account, and that bonus will always be active for those accounts.

I have more accounts than there will be target servers, can I have more than one account on the same server?

• Yes. The legal multi rule remains intact.

What happens to the resources I invested in island buildings like Helios Towers, mines and wonders on my original server?

• You will be reimbursed, and the resources will be put into your inventory.

Can I use those resources like normal packages?

• No. You can not redeem like normal packages. They can only be used to donate from.

I have building upgrades/fleets/troops pending, what will happen to those?

• They will be finished normally on the target server.

Do I have to use my town moves right away?

• The town moves awarded during the soft merge do not expire. You can use them whenever you feel like it.

Do I get a premium move for towns on premium spots?

• Yes.

What will happen to my caper points and crew?

• They move along with you to the new server.

What will happen to our alliance?

• The alliance (as in: the construct of the alliance) moves along with the leader. You, as an alliance, will have to communicate with each other and make sure you choose the same target server if you want to remain together. You will have to rejoin your alliance on the target server once you moved.

What about all the missing cultural trade agreements?

• The target servers will be a lot fuller, you shouldn't have any problem finding new partners there. Until then, the festival bonus which will be active for 7 days after the merge, should help with that.

What if I don't like it on my new server?

• Sorry to say, but that's a matter of "You should've chosen more wisely then.". Any further transfer will have to be bought and paid for.

pcmIK.jpg

Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen.

• Community Remaining Servers
    AE 1, 2, 3, 4, 43
    BG to be announced
    BR 1, 2, 5, 24, 48, 49, 51, 52, 53
    CZ 1, 2
    DE 1, 2, 3, 4, 16
    EN 1, 2, 16, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47
    ES 1, 2, 4, 5, 16, 17, 48, 49
    FR 1, 2, 3, 14, 47
    GR 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 44, 45
    HU 1, 2, 3
    IL 1, 2
    IT 1, 2, 10
    PL 1, 3, 5, 47
    RO 1, 2
    RU 1, 2, 3
    TR 1, 2, 4, 5, 24, 50, 51
    US 1, 2, 13

pcmIK.jpg

• As this may have not been really clear before: also all War servers (Ares) will be merged into EN203, the EN war server.

pcmIK.jpg

• Due to several problems and also players feedback, was decided to not change the multi account rule. Everything will stay as it is now, including the limit of multi-accounts per server that is 10+1, so some account may have to be deleted.

Also, accounts that will go to graveyard server:

• Inactive accounts (no activity within 60 days) are transferred to the graveyard server.
    • Ghosted users will be transferred to the graveyard server.

Accounts that don't chose activily a server:

• Active accounts are randomly transferred to target servers
    • Inactive accounts without vmode are randomly transferred to target servers without activating vacation mode. Inactive accounts with vmode are randomly transferred to target servers with activating vacation mode.

---

More information regarding multi-accounts:

Multi accounts will be allowed but the function to link accounts will not be present ingame. Players will have to announce it through the support system.

Please warn players that they will have to contact support after the function is gone.