How many US servers are there and what is the difference between a normal server and a special server?

• HI all! Veteran player but new to the updated version of Ikariam here. I used to play on the "MY" server wayyyy back in the day. I'm now playing on Notos, which I recently learned is a special world? I've learned what is different for a special world, like decreased unit production time and faster ship transport time, but I'm curious how this is different than a normal world in other ways, and what is the most recent normal world? I see that big normal worlds are still around and that they are merged a lot and seem to have a lot of attention from the Ikariam team. Is this the same for special worlds like Notos? I've grown very attached to my little empire of colonies in Notos and would hate to learn that the world won't be given much attention and won't be kept around for the long haul. When I hit the "start a new town" button on the game's main page it just lists a ton of worlds and doesn't give any distinction as to whether they're normal or special, and there seems to be a new world every few days? I

Any help is appreciated. I hope I'm posting this in the right section? but the new forum update looks all weird and makes no sense to me so far. Just trying to learn my way around again! Thanks all ^^

• Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't think any of the servers are getting any attention from Game Forge. New servers are started every 90 days (plus/minus) and I think these are the only ones that interest Game Forge due to the money they make. Other than that Game Forge does not care about you or me or Notos or any of the old servers.

-----------------------------------------------------

If it's a Game Forge game don't play it. :cursing:

• Yeah, in reading posts since I posted this question I've noticed this general opinion. People seem very frustrated with how Game Forge has handled the management of the game, and I understand why they are upset. I still enjoy the game, despite all the changes, and I just wish there was a greater player base remaining I could enjoy the game with.

• You can opt for some short lived activity by repeatedly joining the new servers as many players seem to do. I did that for awhile but soon grew bored of it. The only 2 servers that I have heard of that are still slightly active are the US Ny server and the UK Poseidon server. I have an account on Poseidon and it is unofficially supposed to be an international server and it does have a lot of nation specific alliances. Activity comes and goes but is better than some of the old very dead worlds.

-----------------------------------------------------

If it's a Game Forge game don't play it. :cursing:

• You don't think activity will last in the new servers they make every couple months? We're like four months or so into Notos and it's not incredibly lively but I suppose it's not totally dead either. Just disappointing is all for what is still a new server. Like I said, I do still enjoy the game so I'm just hoping to find some community that's still around. I think I have an account on US Ny server.