Non registered IP multis being used via VPN.

• So, to any GA or GO that is monitoring this thread, What if anything can be done to institute some changes that may mitigate the unfair

practices used by some players here on Beta. What will it take, or are we just wasting our time in discussing this problem? Think we would all like your suggestions and/or comments, Thank you!

• Right now,every single island pga is attacking has every single farmer in v.mode. This is why this server loses so many people. It is unplayable unless you have dealt with these guys before. I would settle for a 24 hour ban on trades on gen banks coming out of v.mode only to sell these cheats a half a million gens.

So easy to do and it would retain players who are leaving in droves right now because of this conflict.

Crow

• Let me recap, please.

This is a 12-years old server, obviously after so many time there are *really* strong players who built their strength thanks to a constant and continuous playing. Some of you are sure that it happened in an illegal way, in particular vs. a group of players, and I saw really angry words, I noticed frustration and great regret. Someone told that it is due to a "previous" habit on older servers (now merged). Someone told that it is due to lack of "clear and simple" rules. Someone else instead that it's because of GOs that lack on Beta and don't do their work correctly. Finally, if I'm not wrong, it seems that, in your opinions, usage of VPN is what gave to such players the opportunity to grow, managing multiple accounts (too much) in a unfair way, correct? And finally, you all think that currently on Beta the game is unplayable because of... too strong (unfair) players, correct?

Apart what happened in the past, no matter if your opinions are correct or not (and no matter if quite nobody opened a ticket with proofs of their words - The crow in particular I'm still waiting for you lol), now there is a situation that - in your opinions - needs a Staff (or Gameforge) intervention. So, apart to be a relief valve (and I can understand that), what do you expect from this thread? I mean, what are your requests?

If you think that current rules lack of precision, or don't consider some aspects, I would like to read a proposal with "new" (or "fixed") game rules involving the aspect that - in your opinions - ruin the game, now and in the future. I'm not joking, I'm seriously taking into consideration your opinions: I think that you all put something important among your words, that I would like to see "floating" in a organised way. Please, again, don't spread all your individual fix one-by-one in a zillion of posts, try to coordinate yourselves and prepare a "final proposal" that - I promise - I'll try to move upper level.

Do you think that this one can be an acceptable compromise?

Best regards

Sampisa

PS: any member of the "incriminated" alliance who want to intervene? ;)

• I agree with what you have said, and thats why i tried to summarize the proposals in 1) 2) 3) manner to formalize it.

Hopefully we get to the final draft soon.

• Meanwhile the gen score bar has been raised. Anyone who thinks this is just a good player then I have a bridge for sale. Unbelievable. Anyone who thinks this is normal then show me how by doing it yourself and get back to me on how it works out.

Player: REVENGE007

Alliance: P G A

Master builder: 14,561,259

Scientists: 3,017,913

Generals: 1,425,604

Gold supply: 150,605,661

• Let me recap, please.

This is a 12-years old server, obviously after so many time there are *really* strong players who built their strength thanks to a constant and continuous playing. Some of you are sure that it happened in an illegal way, in particular vs. a group of players, and I saw really angry words, I noticed frustration and great regret. Someone told that it is due to a "previous" habit on older servers (now merged). Someone told that it is due to lack of "clear and simple" rules. Someone else instead that it's because of GOs that lack on Beta and don't do their work correctly. Finally, if I'm not wrong, it seems that, in your opinions, usage of VPN is what gave to such players the opportunity to grow, managing multiple accounts (too much) in a unfair way, correct? And finally, you all think that currently on Beta the game is unplayable because of... too strong (unfair) players, correct?

I think you are missing the larger issue which is that the game mechanic currently have a number of issues that can be exploited by valid IP sharing players and VPN players alike. The advantage a VPN player gets is that they can operate a number of accounts without having to coordinate with one or more other players. A player using the game issues with a number of VPN accounts basically becomes a personal alliance with zero coordination problems.

The worse of the game issues is the current implementation of the black market as it allows just about unlimited ship and gold transfers between 2 accounts that are not blocked by the IP sharing system. While operating fully within the rules of the game I have done single sales that have transferred over 5,000 ships or over 50m gold using a single unit of storage on a single trading ship, which also means the capacity speed up can be used for a 66.7% speed boost. Such transfers make no sense when you compared the black market against the trading post where all the space of a players whole trading fleet has to be used to move around a far smaller sum of gold, which in turn means that the ships have to move at normal speed.

Krizminjo's current list is one that focusses on the game issues, not the rights and wrongs of VPNs, IP sharing or well coordinated alliances. If the game issues are resolved players could still create gold and ship 'banks', but their ability to become active, resupply and then go offline within a few minutes at no risk or operational cost would be removed. The list is also focussed on what needs to be done going forwards, with no reference to the history of how we got here. We are all posting here because we enjoy the game and wish to continue to do so.

• Quote from Sampisa

Let me recap, please.

you cant bang off a 1.4 million gen score without VPN and illegal multis in a few hours period.

Sorry but I played this game with 3 accounts since it's inception after O game so I know whats possibly playing honestly and whats not.

So looks like he will keep to plan,take out the server. This game was not meant to be played fighting off cheating multi accounters with 1.4 million gens.

I dont care about piracy,just want to see the trade ban on gen banks coming out of v.mode for a quick blast of gens. This would be a good step to solving this problem once and for all.

• 1,425,624 Generals Score !

Can anyone explain how this is possible by playing honestly ?

With a straight face, please.

The Iranians were dumped on us when the servers merged and the server turned into a nightmare since then.

This game was supposed to be a pleasant experience.

It hasn't been since the Iranians came.

• I share a post I received earlier today:

You can see why players are going to v-mode or leaving the game .

log into a war bank stick a 1000 fleet into a battle , go walk about for a few hours , then stick another fleet of the same size , pop into the war bank top up your loses ,. have a chat with a banker with the idea of buying and selling so as to replace your gold lose , then carry on as before. no tactics just use a big club

and they (GO) wonder why players are leaving

Revenge 007 is making a mockery of the game how with any amount of logic can a player produce/sustain a GS of 1296k .

• I've decided if Gameforge doesn't have a plan to destroy the general banks within 3 months i'll be leaving Ikariam. I can not play a game that allows one group of players to break rules and ruin the game for honest players. Im sure at the rate things are going on Beta i will be one of several players leaving the game due to gameforges unwillingness to act over the last several years over complaints about general banks and their misuse.

Sampisa if you want ideas maybe try reading the thread there are atleast 10 ideas that would all work in leveling the playing field for honest players. Either that or just get rid of the fleet contact rule since the Iranian alliances all break it to make things fair for everyone.

• I'm sorry, but people who aren't playing on the Beta server or dealing with this garbage directly have no say so in this matter; Admin or not. Especially if they fail to read what has already been posted regarding solutions to this broken system. Stop skimming through this thread and be thorough. You have a growing number of players who are truly unsatisfied with how things are being handled, yet do absolutely nothing about it. This is why players are leaving in mass. Ever since this merger, the fun of Ikariam has left. It's completely nonexistent because we have to deal with this cheating bs.

I've been playing this game for 11 years and I still have no idea why multi accounts are allowed. Every other web game I've played have limited it to one account per server. If people want to try different styles or strategies, they have 20 other servers to choose from in the English location; more from the other language servers. If you want to cater to the cheating Iranians, give back their own server and let them create their chaos there. They can cheat to their hearts content without screwing over the rest of the players.

• since it is too difficult to solve the VPN issue , then cancell the ban of ip sharing, that will level the playing field and we can solve this, and we can all become strong(unfair players)!

• since it is too difficult to solve the VPN issue , then cancell the ban of ip sharing, that will level the playing field and we can solve this, and we can all become strong(unfair players)!

It won't really even do that. if anything would actually probably make the current cheaters harder to deal with because they don't have to work around any rules.

• I have been intrigued by this treadh and I joined the beta server to see the situation, and I am be amazed noboy have stillposted screen like this

Remember

3. Pushing

It is not allowed to gain an advantage at the expense of weaker players. A player is considered weaker if his total highscore is lower than that of the accused.

and Imo using weaker accounts only to park generals without using them, or using weaker accounts only to gain gold is not fair, no matter what type of multi ( ip shared or no )

I have seen bans in IT servers for this reason......

• My proposals

1) Bank/gold accounts:

- proposed improvement would be to make their misuse more difficult by introducing a waiting/buffer/activation periods when

entering and exiting vacation mode. Proposed times so far are 24/48 hours. Time required to enter vacation mode is equal to the time required to exit.

-Exiting vacation mode you could not sell anything with the black market for 48 h

- When you activate vacation mode, If you bought generals in the market in the last 48h and your ratio (total score)/(generals) > 500 then gold balance is NOT stopped during vacation mode (so you will lose gold even in vacation mode)

2) Black market:

- proposed for ships bought through Black Market to travel through their own steam. Land units can be transferred through merchant ships. This solution is more aligned with real life mechanics. Also proposed to adjust the minimum and maximum pricing range to lower levels, as existed in previous game version (min and max ration 2.5).

-increase significantly the tax break

for example to 100% lv 1, 50 % max level.

Ore make the tax break a crescent function of the total gold received for a purchase: the most gold the buyer should you pay the the most high should be the tax

• The 48 hour trade ban would be good for now please.

With pga now mocking the game the daily battles have troops numbers you wont find on any other server.

I can post cr's if anyone is interested.

Were talking 50,000 enemy troops a battle and if it wasent for the people that want to see this server survive helping out the few fighters taking on pga then it would have been done a year ago.

Make those gen banks honest or we will see this for another 3 years.

Deliverance
    Message Sumfin Simla [53:74] 26.07.2020 5:01:31

Battle for ArTOn
    (26.07.2020 4:52:29)
    Deliverance[ABY] from Chicken Warrior, warrior 5, Markoni[ABY] from Chicken Warrior
    vs
    kourosh-pga[P G A] from PGA power, REVENGE007[P G A] from under world 10, ToTaL 10, Polis, warrior 7, S H A H I N, warrior 10, Shadow of Night[P G A] from Persi4n United, ToTaL 10, Boston, hamid_m1354, Witchking, ArTOn, warrior 11, s007[P G A] from s007 5, Joseph, warrior 11, S H A H I N

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sulphur Carabineer....................686(-0) - Sulphur Carabineer...................1905(-0)
    Swordsman........................1607(-23241) - Swordsman........................3971(-22613)
    Hoplite..........................1246(-25845) - Hoplite...........................178(-19788)
    Steam Giant.........................706(-750) - Steam Giant.......................1057(-3439)
    Gyrocopter.........................190(-6716) - Gyrocopter........................1218(-5234)
    ............................................. - Balloon-Bombardier...................36(-985)
    Battering Ram..........................60(-8) - Battering Ram.........................292(-0)
    Mortar...............................12(-132) - Mortar................................474(-0)
    Doctor.................................20(-0) - Doctor.................................60(-0)
    Cook...................................75(-0) - Cook..................................190(-0)
    ............................................. - .............................................
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Generals.............................-89639.4 - Generals.............................-94958.6
    Offensive points.....................237396.5 - Defence points.......................224098.5
    Damage Received.......................4481970 - Damage Received.......................4747930
    Damage Percent............................48% - Damage Percent......................
  • Make those gen banks honest or we will see this for another 3 years.

You won't see that for another 3 years because the server will be dead because people will quit because of unfair game play.

Yup,if Del,Aby and the rest of us diehards give up it will be toast. This server is unplayable for anyone but seasoned fighters now.

• Make those gen banks honest or we will see this for another 3 years.

You won't see that for another 3 years because the server will be dead because people will quit because of unfair game play.

Yup,if Del,Aby and the rest of us diehards give up it will be toast. This server is unplayable for anyone but seasoned fighters now.

100%

I don't know how Del has the stamina to keep fighting this for as long as he has. I've been dealing with it for a few months and I'm completely drained. I'm not even putting in the effort like Del and it has completely wiped me out mentally.

• It would be nice if a Game Administrator or higher authority could let us know if they think the Iranians are well within the rules of the game with their millions of Generals score, their Gen banks in V-mode and other disgusting tactics. At least we will know where we stand.

This thread will not die and there is talk of boycotting all Ambrosia purchases until these problems in Beta Server are resolved.