Non registered IP multis being used via VPN.

• Some IP jiggery pokery ongoing in all likelihood for s007 and revenge007

so what Babak is doing is to have two and more internet connections on different IPs maybe through VPNs as well, two and more devices etc

and two people as his son Sepher assists and they cover each other for breaks/ sleep

similar techniques allow Babak to refuel with gold and weapons using accounts controlled and managed by the two of them - on top of that he does get some legit gold and weapons from outside assistance

• Welcome on board forum, Krizminjo :)

Nothing in particular: as soon as a valid proposal is ready, we can submit it to GF. In the past we had an area where it was possible to define in detail a proposal, at https://board.en.ikariam.gamef…ard/620-Game-Suggestions/

It could be a nice idea to revive that section on this forum too.

Apologies, almost skipped this post, and thank you for your welcome and suggestion.

Then lets first come up with a solid and thought up proposal here in this thread, share it with the community through the game suggestions link and see where it leads us.

BR
    Krizminjo

• I would like to go a bit back and focus to the original thoughts to see if we can agree on way forward.

Can we then please summarize proposals from past discussions:

1) Bank/gold accounts:
    - proposed improvement would be to make their misuse more difficult by introducing a waiting/buffer/activation periods when
    entering and exiting vacation mode. Proposed times so far are 24/48 hours. Is this acceptable for everyone at this stage? Any cons or suggestions?

2) Black market:

- current mechanic when buying ships/land units illogical. Large amount of ships/land units possible to fit inside a few cargo ships
    amplifying the gen/gold bank misuse. Any specific proposal here? Introduce weighting system and reduce trade ship capacity for
    ships/land unit trade?

3) Piracy missuse:

- lot of account feeding through small players. Current proposal? Maybe get some more additional thoughts from Mr Crowley?

• Like I first proposed, time delay from coming out of vmode should be equel to time delay reentering vmode. fundamental and fair!

Black market, perhaps let navy instead of being loaded in merchant ship they travel under own steam and only landtroops need merchant ships, seem logical and the way it works in RL. gold is left in "escrow" or with costums till navy reach destination.

Piracy, how about limit the level of a pirate fort to the level of TH, till it reach perhaps level 5-10-18 or what ever level would have desired effect, to prevent a level 1 TH to have a lev 18 fort which is as we all know is only to feeed points to a pirate. which to my simple mind is cheating even though it is allowed. the effect would prevent these mobiles to have 7-10 k point every 24, unless bots are used for capture runs. in which case all bets are off. I played other game where everyone used bots, and best players was the ones that quickly could write script and adapt to changeing circumstances, very intense. Finally got tired of it and came to Ikariam for R&R as bots are not allowed.

• Like I first proposed, time delay from coming out of vmode should be equel to time delay reentering vmode. fundamental and fair!

Black market, perhaps let navy instead of being loaded in merchant ship they travel under own steam and only landtroops need merchant ships, seem logical and the way it works in RL. gold is left in "escrow" or with costums till navy reach destination.

Piracy, how about limit the level of a pirate fort to the level of TH, till it reach perhaps level 5-10-18 or what ever level would have desired effect, to prevent a level 1 TH to have a lev 18 fort which is as we all know is only to feeed points to a pirate. which to my simple mind is cheating even though it is allowed. the effect would prevent these mobiles to have 7-10 k point every 24, unless bots are used for capture runs. in which case all bets are off. I played other game where everyone used bots, and best players was the ones that quickly could write script and adapt to changeing circumstances, very intense. Finally got tired of it and came to Ikariam for R&R as bots are not allowed.

I like the idea of having limits to buildings based off of town hall levels. Several other games have features like this where once a building reaches a certain level you can't upgrade further until your town hall/palace has been upgraded.

• Krizminjo

The only thing missing from your list is the current issue with the Black Market pricing where the pricing spread is far to large. As an example the steam ram is currently allowed to have a gold price range of 2670 - 18270. That is nearly a 7x difference between the lowest and highest price. A long time ago in release 0.4.2 changes were made to the allowed pricing spread of the trading post to reduce the possible difference between the high and low prices to reduce it's use as a means to transfer gold between accounts. That now has system imposed maximum price difference of around 2.5.

It would make sense for the Black Market to also be restricted in the same way.

As for the Piracy mini game I'm not sure that there are any possible fixes that resolve the problems that it introduced. However it is modified all that happens is that a different group of players will find that their accounts become the best configured to take advantage of the mini game. Most of the ideas put forward since it's introduction would reduce the number of points players could expect to earn, but the final prizes are based on just having the most points on the server, so it does not matter if the top player scores 1.8m points or 1,800 points they still win a lot of resources.

The whole structure of the mini game makes its a race to build up crew strength and capture points the fastest and this works best by have many players/accounts work together to grow the largest players to the highest score. The wider game has explicit rules against doing this for pushing resources to a stronger player. So Piracy is just a game provided way to get around explicit game rules.

• Untill the pga gen banks are brought under reign it's 24/7 fighting non stop day and night with unheard off gen scores and unlimited gens and gold.

It never stops folks,This is like a few people who have dedicated everything they have to take down beta server and if it was not for Deliverance this server would have been over run by these few people 2 years ago in their war with Kings which pga lost. They lost because of del and now they want to take him down which will never happen.

I'm sure he could post some cr's of the battles but I dont think a lot of people would be able to comprehend how long this struggle has gone on and I'm talking years.

Years of non stop fighting except for a few weeks when pga signed peace treaties only to break them a few days later.

Nice to be able to get a half million gens and gold in the blink of an eye.

That's only for the cheating multi accounters and not us honest players.

The fact this has gone on for so many years boggles the mind after hundreds of reports.

At one time a lot of us fighting these cheaters wondered if they had someone as a GO on the inside because our reports were ignored for years and filling out a ticket as requested was a waste of time. I got insulted,told to get discord and talk to a GO from a GO and I wont mention any names.

Anyways,lets get this trade ban going before these guys hit a million gens each and yes they have not stopped fighting.

Before they kill this game like they intend to do.

• It'll take me a little while to post the last 24 hours of CRs or screenies

Thats ok,it will show what beta is like when some want to take it down.

6 hours will suffice,as you know Del it has been non stop for what? months?

Years?

I dont know how you do it myself.

Best fighter on beta bar none.

Without cheating and with help from honest players. #1 offence score.

Edited 2 times, last by The crow ().

• We should also get back to original topic that VPN IP alts are cheating and not being properly addressed - Babak and Sepher as I write are running at least 4 possibly 6 accounts in tandem against our forces in the battlezone

these are primarily revenge007 s007 shadow of night silv3r

amongst more support alt some linked for legitimacy some unlinked on alt IPs r.g. Royal and oden tall

if in a card game you are clever and have another deck of aces up your sleeves it's cheating and you will be shot...

on the plus side Majid has had his 10be-mj multi accounts go on a magic long vmode - Babak is upset about this :-)

• Revenge007 has at present a Generals Score of 604,326

And he keeps on fighting against honest players who have like 60,000 -100,000 GS.

If this is according to the rules, then there is something wrong with the rules.

It is spoiling the whole server.

• Lets not mention the 250 million gold he just got.

He is playing for only one reason and thats to take out as many players as he can and shut down this server. Thats very evident if you have been fighting him for years like some of us have.

• This! is the reason some rules need to be changed.

Or do I have to continue to fight this guy another 3 years alongside the rest of the server??????

Name: under world 9 (35)
    Title:
    Player: REVENGE007
    Alliance: P G A
    Master builder: 14,532,697
    Scientists: 3,017,913
    Generals: 691,185
    Gold supply: 347,128,673
  • Another 100 million gold.

No V.P.N going on here folks...move along,move along.

Curious though,do any other servers have people with close to a million gens cruising around or is it just Beta?

• Ok, to summarize again the proposal stated so far:

1) Bank/gold accounts:

- proposed improvement would be to make their misuse more difficult by introducing a waiting/buffer/activation periods when

entering and exiting vacation mode. Proposed times so far are 24/48 hours. Time required to enter vacation mode is equal to the time required to exit.

2) Black market:

- proposed for ships bought through Black Market to travel through their own steam. Land units can be transferred through merchant ships. This solution is more aligned with real life mechanics. Also proposed to adjust the minimum and maximum pricing range to lower levels, as existed in previous game version (min and max ration 2.5).

3) Piracy missuse:

- limit the pirate fortress levels to the level of town hall. This will require additional investment into feeders account and make pirating exploit more difficult. I do not play piracy so not sure what mapping to use between town hall and pirate fort, would appreciate some suggestions.

• To be honest, i do not mind high gen scores or high amount gold transfers, if they were obtained as a support from active players. In real case, such transfers are possible and peaks in gen score or gold amounts can exist. But that would be an exception and not an almost permanent state as in this case.

• At the end of the day, nobody cares what you or I mind or not mind.

The arguments in this thread speak for themselves.

Yet I highly doubt that the game staff gives two hoots about that.

They will say "no rules have been broken, at least not that we could see" and that will be the end of it.

So gen banks will continue, transfer of hundreds of millions of gold will continue, and those Iranians will continue to spoil the game for the rest of us.

• That will happen only if we allow it, and that is why we are here for.

So lets this matter forward.