Christmas Contest 2019

• Dear Players,

starting from Wednesday 18th of December, our beloved Contest.ORGaniser will entertain you with the classical Ikariam EN/UK (formerly ORG) Christmas Contest. As it happened in the past editions, the rules will be simple:

1. The contest is open to everyone (not only to Ikariam UK players), and it will span from 18th to 22rd of December 2019.
    2. Participants will have to answer to some Ikariam-related questions, or solve some puzzles, to gain some points.
    3. Question(s) will be posted DAILY, at ANYTIME and you will have 48 hours to answer them. There will be a total of 5 questions.
    4. Each question can let you gain a variable amount of points
    5. The 5 users who, at the contest end, have the higher score, will be rewarded with coupons that can be spent on all Gameforge games (e.g. to buy Ambrosia, Dark Matter, etc)
    6. In case of ties, we will have a tie-break question. And if a tie persists, then we will look at the time when that last answer was sent :)

And now, the prizes:

• 1st prize: 16€ Gameforge coupone
    • 2nd prize: 10€ Gameforge coupons
    • 3rd prize: 6€ Gameforge coupons
    • 4th and 5th prize: 3€ Gameforge coupons

In a couple of days contest will start. First post will carry also detailed instruction about how to play. You can discuss about the contest on our chitchat thread and ask for any clarification you need: Contest.ORGaniser will be happy to answer!

Stay tuned!

Your Ikariam Staff

• Contest Rules

Hello fellow Ikariamers,

an year has passed, and we can start again with our little Christmas contest. First of all, please let me drop here the contest rules.

As told by Sampisa, the contest starts today, 18th Dec and lasts 5 days. How do the contest works?

• Every day, I post on this thread a new question. It can be a puzzle, a game, a crossword, etc. You have to solve it following the provided instructions
    • Each game can let you gain some variable points, as described on the question itself: who scores more points, wins.
    • You must send ONE message to gameteam@ikariam.org with the answer and your board nickname
    • You have (at leastI) 48 hours to answer to the question. In fact, to help you, deadline is shifted to the midnight (game time) of the deadline day.
    • Multiple entries are not permitted - your first answer will be the one that is counted.
    • Please, always use one email per answer. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not put 2 or more answers on the same email.
    • Do NOT send your answers to any other Staff members, since your answer will NOT be considered valid, and it will NOT be processed.
    • When the question deadline expires, I will post the answer to let you check your answers.
    • The winners will be announced shortly after the end of the contest (usually within 48h).

If you have something to discuss, please do it in our ChitChat thread, I'll answer as soon as possible.

So, are you ready? The first question will come in few minutes! Enjoy, and have fun!

Your only and one ORG :)

Season's Greetings to Everyone!

• Day One

Deadline: 20th Dec @ 23:59:59

Send your answer to gameteam@ikariam.org

I took a gyrocopter to see the town from above. I took a picture, but when I came home the elves cut the picture in 35 squares and scrambled them.

Help me, put them in the correct order to rebuild the picture.

The answer must be a list of numbers from 1 to 35 in the correct order to rebuild the island, from left to right and from top to bottom.

You get 0.5 points for each tile correctly placed.

To give you a little help, I attach also a zip file with all the 35 tiles: use them wisely: Day1split.zip

• Day Two

Deadline: 21st Dec @ 23:59:59

Send your answer and board name to gameteam@ikariam.org

New day, new task! :)

This time, your task is to find a list of Ikariam related words found ingame.

All words have 5 or more letters, all words are singular (NO plural words), NO words within words (for example gunpowder is the normal word, but not gun and not powder) .

question2.png

You get +0.5 points for each word found and -0.5 points for each non-Ikariam related word found.

For example:
    You noted down gunpowder, gun, powder. You will get -0.5 points in all.

The answer must be a list of words. No picture.

Your and the only ORG.

• Day Three

Deadline: 22nd Dec @ 23:59:59

I need to find the way to pass this labyrinth. Can you help me to find the way by telling my which steps do I have to follow? How many steps do I need to exit the labyrinth?

maze.png

The answer must be a list of steps from top to bottom, plus a total number of steps.

Example: 7,3,9,5,2 (26)

You get 1 point for each correct step and 3 points for the sum of total steps.

ORG.

• Day Four

Deadline: 23rd Dec @ 23:59:59

Note that you have to add your board name together with each answer. I will not consider your answer if you do not add board name.

Reindeers are eager to start the journey around the world and in their rush they scrambled my words. Help me rebuild the words.

quesiton4.jpg

Unscramble each of the clue words.

Use this answer form:

1. Answer, 2. Answer ... 7. Answer - Final answer

The answer must be a list of all words, and the final sentence.

You get 1 point for each line solved, and 3 points for the final answer.

• Day Five

Deadline: 24th Dec @ 23:59:59

Note that you have to add your board name together with each answer. I will not consider your answer if you do not add board name.

Can you help me to answer questions which elves gave me as final exam to become one of them?

5.png

Across

4. Cold weather, starts in December.

5. Snow glider.

9. Celebration.

13. Destroying.

16. Vacation.

18. Smart and educated people.

19. Second town.

20. Money.

22. force

23. It's opened on Christmas

24. Game Admin of Ikariam.org

Down

1. Engine.

2. If citizens are happy, it grows!

3. Red cap.

6. Head of the alliance.

7. Public conversations.

8. Mayor replacement

10. Preparing for the fight.

11. Jingle___.

12. Lawlessness, chaos, disorder.

14. Polis

15. Fire someone.

17. Store forever.

18. Bribes guards.

21. Current bug helper of Ikariam.org

Please send answers in following way:

Across:

Answer

Answer

Answer

Answer

Down

Answer

Answer

Answer

Answer

Each correct answer is 1 point, in total 24 points.