Discussion: Christmas Contest 2019 Chitchat

• Some questions that need to be answered....

- When I tried to unscramble the 7th word, I can just create words with 6 letters. Is there a mistake?

I assume that the letters with the circle are the ones that should be used in the sentence.

- these letters can be in any of the words of the sentence or the for example the circled letters of the 1st word are for the first word of the sentence?

:)

• panos78 I found the 7th word so I believe that there isn't any mistake. :) its not difficult :)

I believe the same with panos78 (the letters with the circle are the ones that should be used in the sentence)

• Hi there!

Your task today is to unscramble each line of the words, and from letters in circle form a sentence. If you can not decide which word is the solution, try to form a sentence and you will see if all letters fit in a sentence or not ;) If they do not, that means that word you unscrambled is not correct.

Your ORG.

Season's Greetings to Everyone!

• panos78 I found the 7th word so I believe that there isn't any mistake. :) its not difficult :)

I

Do you want to share ;)

assinatura.png

Desculpa se nĆ£o correspondo Ć”s tuas expectativas. A minha grande prioridade Ć© corresponder primeiro Ć”s minhas.

• Hi there!

Your task today is to unscramble each line of the words, and from letters in circle form a sentence. If you can not decide which word is the solution, try to form a sentence and you will see if all letters fit in a sentence or not ;) If they do not, that means that word you unscrambled is not correct.

Your ORG.

no way man. I found all words but in sentence missed an "a" letter and another one is excessively

• there are 25 answers because the 18 exists across and down

I am correct ???

Please send answers in following way:

assinatura.png

Desculpa se nĆ£o correspondo Ć”s tuas expectativas. A minha grande prioridade Ć© corresponder primeiro Ć”s minhas.

• Hola! :)

A little question about a word in Question 2.

This time, your task is to find a list of Ikariam related words found ingame.

The word "pushing". Can you please tell me where that word is found ingame? Even rules are not found ingame since the link doesn't even work 8o

And great job for this contest!

• hey, couple of things

these quizes are soooooo out of date its unreal but anyway with that being said. Day 2 answers

i put theater instead of cinetheater.... this isnt in the game anymore... so please forgive the mistake xD

also i had Forge which isnt on the list but gameforge is. ok sure im stupid for missing game forge but Forge is a mircle in the game... so in itself an answer and not a split of an answer like gun and powder in your example... just making sure forge is also a creditable answer...

thanks kermit

this is a rule in the game, check the rules sure you will find it ;)

• Sure rules are in the game. Then where can I find the word pushing, "ingame", since that is the instruction in question 2.

"This time, your task is to find a list of Ikariam related words found ingame".

If that's not being respected, then I don't know what is ?( Or, the definition of the word "ingame" was interpreted differently by Contest ORG.

Now that you mentioned it...

Forge is found ingame, where does one find the word Gameforge ingame? ^^:P

Oh well, doesn't matter. It was fun anyway :)

• When you make your own crossword grid to make it easier to fit in on excel but you make it wrong so you end up with oven for 23 across šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

When you google ikariam bug helper and you find Draxo's name, but you watched too much Harry Potter and you write Draco instead in the e-mail :rolleyes:

• Hi

based on this thread i assume we have the solutions.

Can you help me find them?

I 'm still not so much used to this new forum

:!::| Time to get Sirius :|:!:

• Hello all,

good news: we have winners. Bad news: we have more than 5 winners :)

I would like to avoid to put in place the 6th game for the tie, so I would like to give a prize to the top five scores, not to the top five players. Since this is not my own decision, I'll wait for an answer from our Queen Bee bzzzz....

Anyway, I'm still reviewing all your answers, just to be totally sure that my choices during the evaluation were correct.

I would like to share with you the list of issues, valuable treasure for next year:

• Day one: no particular issues. Trivia: Someone mis-read "11" writing "44" in the answer. What a pity. Lot of you sent a pic of solved puzzle, I'm sorry but I had to ignore it as stated in rules
    • Day two: ok, usage of "coordinates" and "pyrotechnics" was a pretty borderline choice. Indeed, as told already, I accepted both singular and plural word. A user noticed also "deliver" vs. "delivery" or "defend" vs. "defender". I accepted just the longer one, as stated in instruction. Someone noticed that "declare" had a longer counterpart "declared" (before the post of the solutions). TouchĆ©: I accepted it, since he asked directly in the email. Next time, on doubt, write me a private email.
    • Day three: the word "step" was a bad choice, I admit. A "step" was a number found along the path, not the number of turns, squares or what else... a guy got 0 points for having sent the picture with solution and the number of turns in the labyrinth. I had to give 0 points, and it was a real pity: please always read the provided instruction, and follow chitchat!.
    • Day four: no particular issues. Someone has found alternative sentences, starting from the correct word list: congratulations! Unluckily, they didn't have a clear meaning, so the only sentence allowed was the one that I published.
    • Day five: no particular issues. Someone noticed that "sled" is US while "sledge" is UK, but ok, I like to think that US and UK speak the same language. Ah, and someone else showed to love Harry Potter more than Ikariam lol...

So, please wait a little more. As soon as I have an answer from upper levels, I'll show the top 20 list (just to verify that everything was correct).

Your beloved ORG :)

Season's Greetings to Everyone!