Discussion: Christmas Contest 2019 Chitchat

• Yes please, due to some PM limitations of new forum, I prefer to use the old email system. If you don't want to share your personal email, you can build a mailbox e.g. on GMail or Yahoo and use it only for the contest time. I will never contact you back, don't worry :)

ORG :)

Season's Greetings to Everyone!

• For question 2 I need some clarifications:

1. Is the contest related to Ikariam UK or Ikariam US ? Because UK uses the word miracle while US uses wonder. They are not used together in the same server and answer to question 2 contains both words. I don't want to get a minus score for not choosing the correct community.

2. You said to not use plural, but the answer to question 2 contains the word coordinates. Do we take it as singular, meaning coordinate?

sunrise-signature.jpg

• 1. Since the contest is open to all communities, both words are acceptable. There is also a word that in UK is spelt differently than in US, but in this case the UK form was used (think e.g to center vs. centre, colour vs. color, colonise vs. colonize...)

2. You are right, nobody is perfect :) There is also another word at plural, I will consider as correct both forms (singular and plural), so no penalty will be applied. My apologies...

Your innocent ORG :)

• How many words can we find??

assinatura.png

Desculpa se nĆ£o correspondo Ć”s tuas expectativas. A minha grande prioridade Ć© corresponder primeiro Ć”s minhas.

• While I was relaxing in the hive, I heard that one of the bees said that there are between 45 and 55 words in the crossword. It's only a rumor, but it's worth giving a try to find as many words as you can!

ORG.

• panos78 rule was clear, when you send your answer, that answer is sent :) If you send an empty message, obviously, I don't consider it, but if you added your board nickname and a list of words... well I must consider just the first answer. I must be fair and unbiased vs. other players, I'm sorry.

Indeed, you have 3 more games that can give a variable amount of points, so don't worry, you can still have a good rank.

A little note: current top players didn't get full score, amount of participant is not too high (less than 100 people), so you still have good possibilities to award a prize.

Reza since the minimum word length is 5, "sea" automatically is not acceptable :)

• panos78 rule was clear, when you send your answer, that answer is sent :) If you send an empty message, obviously, I don't consider it, but if you added your board nickname and a list of words... well I must consider just the first answer. I must be fair and unbiased vs. other players, I'm sorry.

Maybe you shouldn't give hints then, since some players sent you the solution before your posts. Just to be fair and unbiased...

• Hey mankyfej , even if I do understand your point, I repeat that my previous hint is only rumor and not precise information ;) . My post was meant to motivate players to look harder because in that way more words will be found :love:.

Your lovely ORG.

• I don't understand how to give the answer
    For example in this case would say
    3.2, etc?

assinatura.png

Desculpa se nĆ£o correspondo Ć”s tuas expectativas. A minha grande prioridade Ć© corresponder primeiro Ć”s minhas.

• And when I pass beside the number?

for example

I should mention 5???

it was easier to attach an image:)

Note: IĀ“m Portuguese. IĀ“m using google translator

sorry if my english is not correct

It's not my fault it's google translator;)

assinatura.png

• Normally, when you strikethrough a number, only then you write it down as a step.

My advice is first to find the path that connects the top entrance with the bottom exit and then right down the numbers your path passes over them.

Keep in mind that your path should NOT pass over the walls of the labyrinth!

That's was what I did at least.

:)

• And what does the number of steps mean?

Is it

- the number of turns i made. In this case does a single zigzag count as 5-6 steps by itself? And does going straight in a crossroads count as a step or not?

- the number of decisions made (eg.: i turned right but i could have gone to the left as well), and no need to count the zig-zags

- should i put a square grid over the labyrinth and count how many of the little squares i touched (i.e. what is the "area" of my path)

- how many numbers i have touched

Or none of the above?

Or shouldnt we just attach pictures, and that way its easier for everyone?

:!::| Time to get Sirius :|:!:

• -Luna_ In your case, if you don't pass over the "5", no, obviously: if you move over it, your path will be longer - wrongly. You just have to report the numbers that you "cross" on your path. Suppose that on your way you find 6 numbers, then your answer will be something like "4,1,6,3,4,9 (27)" where "27" is just the sum 4+1+6+3+4+9. Note that also "9,4,3,6,1,4 (27)" is accepted.

panos78 Correct :)

Sirius A "step" is a number you encounter, not the number of turns, of squares/area, decisions or anything else.

I asked for that kind of answer because I just want to be sure that you chose the correct (and the shortest) path without the need to send a pic (and risk to lose for a wrong turn). So, do not send any pic, just a number sequence with the sum :)