Servers are dying, we need something to merge

• I've seen banter, with regard to GF not being able to do server merges for some reason... Here is my proposal... Create two new servers and allow free account transfers to those two servers... In fact, I would be good with it being compulsory for players to have to pick one of the two to merge into. With a server that has less than 500 places on the high score, it seems like there needs to be better options... It's getting harder and harder to even get CT's filled, when most of the accounts seem to just be multis for a few main accounts.

UhPWCXc.jpgg

Truth is my weapon. Knowledge is my armor. Wisdom is my strategist. Love is my warrior...

Quote by Matshona Dhliwayo

"Why must you always chase after dragons?"

"Because they are the ones that have all the gold"

-Overheard conversation in a decrepit cantina

"Why do Dragons hoard gold?"

"Simply to flex on other sapient species"

-Overheard conversation between scholar's apprentices

RIP over 1,700 posts that I left behind on the old forums

• The reason there have not been any more server mergers since 2016 is because the script that performs that action became broken after one of the patch updates.

I think, key word here is think, that with this new Patch 8.1.0.pl6, to fix account transfers will fix the server merge problem as well!

REMEMBER, this is just something that I think will happen, not something that is guaranteed to happen!

Member of Honor alliance on Ny

Former leader of the UNDEAD alliance on Ny (transfer from Lambda)
    Former leader of the UNDEAD alliance on Lambda (R.I.P.)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Administrator/Bureaucrat of WikIkariam - the English language Ikariam wiki

• The reason there have not been any more server mergers since 2016 is because the script that performs that action became broken after one of the patch updates.

I think, key word here is think, that with this new Patch 8.1.0.pl6, to fix account transfers will fix the server merge problem as well!

REMEMBER, this is just something that I think will happen, not something that is guaranteed to happen!

That would certainly be nice, if accurate. Something needs to happen, because the way this game is designed... Growth requires a certain level of server population. The larger an account is, the larger server population it requires. There are only so many ships you can have shipping around wine. There is only so much wine around to ship.

UhPWCXc.jpgg

Truth is my weapon. Knowledge is my armor. Wisdom is my strategist. Love is my warrior...

• I don't for one second believe that story about a "script becoming broken" and that's why we can't have mergers. It's 10 year old software. A five year old could fix it in 15 minutes. GameForge should rather be honest and say " We don't really care about Ikariam, it's not making us any money so we are just going to leave it there until all the people leave in frustration at all the broken servers. Like Omega, where you can no longer train troops or the broken mobile app. Beware folks don't ever play a Gameforge game because this is how you will eventually be treated.

-----------------------------------------------------

If it's a Game Forge game don't play it. :cursing:

• Hi guys, as we all noticed nothing is fixed. They had plenty of time. None game updates have been introduced to the game. I believe in 4 years we got only achievement reward system, rework of Ikariam meniu and one extra building spot. Very few updates are being made to improve game and once the game suffers some buggs or other things it almost brakes. We all now know that buggs such as not working ikariam app, or bugg which don't allow making military ships and units is soon gonna reach the half year limit. So half an year we have not got any news nor intel about the issue. None. And of course there are buggs which don't let you get back you spies from enemies cities. Jesus. This game is broken. Never I have seen a company that is so reckless and which dissapoints so much. I've played many games but oh boy the Gameforge sucks. Screwing everything. Thinking you can change login screen and people think this game is fresh.. If you wrap an old thing in a new present paper it won't become new. Game has been already dead and now it's almost on the edge of extinction. What's the point in putting some type of adds in Youtube advertising Ikariam if the buggs are not solved? I know that you guy think we are brainless and you would easily leech us of our money by creating a new servers that are immediatly dead few months after their opening. Gameforge has not done their research it seems that people are constantly leaving. I'm not even surprised and January's end gonna delete my accounts because they haven't solved issue in half an year so they ain't gonna solve till summer. I know volunteers who help regular guys by being part of the staff have zero info because they are not being informed because there is nothing to inform. Nothing is getting fixed I bet they didn't even started reading issue reports. They just threw Ikariam topic in the end of the line. We know that GF prefers puting money in new games but then imagine what's the point in playing any of their games if one day game brakes and they are not doing anything? I believe our time is most valuable thing in our life same goes with health and family virtues and I believe none of us want to spend it on this lame as company who can't take care of their customers. Remember, we paid so much money for this game and litteraly let this company rise and create more games from the money we invested in the game. And we got a reward, complete denial of customers demands. A very ungrateful company indeed. At least they would let us know if the bugg would be solved and then exacly. Because I'm wasting my time and I believe most of us want to know the truth. We could have went doing something else and investing our time and money elsewhere. And guys from staff stop putting same "copy paste" comments about everything going to be okey because it's not. I know that you guys have to cover up laziness of this company just don't be their scapegoats. I respect you guys because not like them you are in touch with us.

Just read everything...

[mod='Diogenes']warned for massive spam. We get your message, no need to copy post it everywhere.[/mod]

• I'm surprised this didn't gain more traction... Dunno if it was the post right before this, that seems to have killed it, if people have become apathetic or the forums have become that dead. I can't believe that many players wouldn't like this idea. Servers are dying to such a degree, that it is affecting game play.

UhPWCXc.jpgg

• There's no profit for GF (in their opinion) to make it free. Btw system isn't made to allow transferring on particular servers without restrictions (ie. top50). It would need some programming resources anyway so it's easier to fix merge module (imo). But since GF doesn't assign any programmers to Ikariam nothing can be done at glance.

Noone is thinking in GF about Ikariam as star or question mark but as a cow (shown below)

uc?id=1Qoxan3Ir6EfokWLhAao_dGw6L6THGxKH

• I logged into my Alpha.US account the other day after a long time and i was disappointed at the turn it has taken.

When i login into other game worlds, active users are only 10-20 at any given time.

I wish Ikariam gets the attention it needs from Players and GF. This game is still a lot better (even after all those $$ perks) when compared to a lot out there.

• I just logged into my main Alpha account. There are 11 of us in my alliance online at this moment. According to the lobby, there are only 22 people logged into the whole server at the moment. I sometimes question how accurate that "currently logged in" count is.

viZb6W5.png

Turmoil's in the air

Hold your breath be deadly calm

Make a final prayer

Don't forget what you have done

• I just logged into my main Alpha account. There are 11 of us in my alliance online at this moment. According to the lobby, there are only 22 people logged into the whole server at the moment. I sometimes question how accurate that "currently logged in" count is.

How many places show on the high score for Alpha these days? On the server I'm playing, there are less than 300 places showing, and I'd wager that almost 200 of them are multis..

UhPWCXc.jpgg

• There's no profit for GF (in their opinion) to make it free. Btw system isn't made to allow transferring on particular servers without restrictions (ie. top50). It would need some programming resources anyway so it's easier to fix merge module (imo). But since GF doesn't assign any programmers to Ikariam nothing can be done at glance.

Noone is thinking in GF about Ikariam as star or question mark but as a cow (shown below)

It would seem to me, that the code for transferring could be borrowed, to use to fix the merge module. Just drop the ranking restrictions. They obviously have the means to give us perks for free (increased production during holidays), they are able to tweak the daily favor points thing pretty easily... I doubt it would take much to change the price to zero ambrosia for a server transfer for specific servers, either.

UhPWCXc.jpgg

• I don't for one second believe that story about a "script becoming broken" and that's why we can't have mergers. It's 10 year old software. A five year old could fix it in 15 minutes. GameForge should rather be honest and say " We don't really care about Ikariam, it's not making us any money so we are just going to leave it there until all the people leave in frustration at all the broken servers. Like Omega, where you can no longer train troops or the broken mobile app. Beware folks don't ever play a Gameforge game because this is how you will eventually be treated.

Careful Zophas,

Some people in here get very offended when you start speaking the truth... :D

Thanks goes out to Ratna for the awesome Sig

• Quatro: I read your message and the reply from Diogenes. I think you SHOULD start posting it on every world, and in every chat. That clearly appears to be the only way to get attention drawn to a real problem with the game. I can help you, if you're game. I know plenty of other players who would help post it everywhere as well.

• Quatro: I read your message and the reply from Diogenes. I think you SHOULD start posting it on every world, and in every chat. That clearly appears to be the only way to get attention drawn to a real problem with the game. I can help you, if you're game. I know plenty of other players who would help post it everywhere as well.

That really won't have much impact. I used to be staff (GO and a board mod), back when the game was in its heyday... Even back then, the actual paid employees barely interacted with the staff and it was a mostly "don't ask too many hard questions and be careful what you say", to avoid pissing off GF employees. Honestly, when you crap post on the boards, you are just making more work for a volunteer to filter, that will not reach your intended audience. Even if it did reach your target, they have a lot more power to make you persona non gratis at whim. Have care, when considering to piss in the wheaties of the gods...

UhPWCXc.jpgg

• I don't understand why new servers keep opening when others are merging. It's been almost 4 years since I played last and the only thing I see that has changed is the names on the servers. What happened to upgrading the game, adding new units or building spaces? This game was getting stale back when I took a break and it seems it hasn't moved forward at all from 2014.

• I don't understand why new servers keep opening when others are merging. It's been almost 4 years since I played last and the only thing I see that has changed is the names on the servers. What happened to upgrading the game, adding new units or building spaces? This game was getting stale back when I took a break and it seems it hasn't moved forward at all from 2014.

You are correct in all statements. Community Manager Bandidol addressed this in other threads. Gameforge (as of two months ago) no longer has anyone developing new creations for the game (i.e., new buildings, ships, troops, etc.). Why do they still keep a place for everyone to post and vote on new ideas, if no one in Gameforge is listening? Because the "hope" is that someday Gameforge will have the staff to start developing some of those ideas for Ikariam again...

At this point, Gameforge is so short staffed (or just doesnt give a crap) with Ikariam, they are struggling to fix bugs in the game, or even create updates in any timely manner.

As for a merger fix. "ALLEGEDLY", after the last merger of worlds, Gameforge decided to re-write all of the programming for the ikariam game. This somehow made it "impossible" to do mergers anymore. Ikariam SGO's, BA's, TM's, and COMA's have come out and said that GameForge designers are aware of the requests for a merger. However, Gameforge has NOT openly come out to say that they ARE working on the problem. Nor has Gameforge openly come out to say they are NOT working on the problem.

The designers at GameForge have really done very little for ikariam since the last world merger... was that 2016 I think?

• It might hurt a bit but the truth is "WE" have stopped spending as much as we did in the past which is due to two different factors

1- Reduced number of players

2- Reduced spending because there is almost no competition from which we wanna get ahead

They "GameForge" need to invest and plan something for 1 and eventually, 2 will get better.

Our responsibility is we need to give it our best shot and choose few servers where we create high competition among ourselves which will lead to increased earnings for them and hopefully we will be able to fund couple of developers for us.

• I am not in complete agreement with your assessment. If Gameforge had managed the game appropriately (adopting ideas that the customers wanted, keeping up to date on updates, bug fixes, etc.), then people would not have left. Gameforge would continue to make money.