MOBILE APP IS DYING

• Hi guys, as we all noticed nothing is fixed. They had plenty of time. None game updates have been introduced to the game. I believe in 4 years we got only achievement reward system, rework of Ikariam meniu and one extra building spot. Very few updates are being made to improve game and once the game suffers some buggs or other things it almost brakes. We all now know that buggs such as not working ikariam app, or bugg which don't allow making military ships and units is soon gonna reach the half year limit. So half an year we have not got any news nor intel about the issue. None. And of course there are buggs which don't let you get back you spies from enemies cities. Jesus. This game is broken. Never I have seen a company that is so reckless and which dissapoints so much. I've played many games but oh boy the Gameforge sucks. Screwing everything. Thinking you can change login screen and people think this game is fresh.. If you wrap an old thing in a new present paper it won't become new. Game has been already dead and now it's almost on the edge of extinction. What's the point in putting some type of adds in Youtube advertising Ikariam if the buggs are not solved? I know that you guy think we are brainless and you would easily leech us of our money by creating a new servers that are immediatly dead few months after their opening. Gameforge has not done their research it seems that people are constantly leaving. I'm not even surprised and January's end gonna delete my accounts because they haven't solved issue in half an year so they ain't gonna solve till summer. I know volunteers who help regular guys by being part of the staff have zero info because they are not being informed because there is nothing to inform. Nothing is getting fixed I bet they didn't even started reading issue reports. They just threw Ikariam topic in the end of the line. We know that GF prefers puting money in new games but then imagine what's the point in playing any of their games if one day game brakes and they are not doing anything? I believe our time is most valuable thing in our life same goes with health and family virtues and I believe none of us want to spend it on this lame as company who can't take care of their customers. Remember, we paid so much money for this game and litteraly let this company rise and create more games from the money we invested in the game. And we got a reward, complete denial of customers demands. A very ungrateful company indeed. At least they would let us know if the bugg would be solved and then exacly. Because I'm wasting my time and I believe most of us want to know the truth. We could have went doing something else and investing our time and money elsewhere. And guys from staff stop putting same "copy paste" comments about everything going to be okey because it's not. I know that you guys have to cover up laziness of this company just don't be their scapegoats. I respect you guys because not like them you are in touch with us.

Edited once, last by Daktaras ().

• Well ---- their new Pirates game is up and running. In addition, they are (admittedly) laboriously beta testing a major update to the seemingly moribund OGame.

Just maybe (when the OGame update is finally functional), they might turn their (albeit somewhat limited) attention to Ikariam. The OGame update (featuring three separate classes for players to choose) might prove somewhat interesting for Ikariam. Is it too much to hope that GF might try to (somewhat belatedly) resuscitate our beloved Ikariam??

• Hi guys, as we all noticed nothing is fixed. They had plenty of time. None game updates have been introduced to the game. I believe in 4 years we got only achievement reward system, rework of Ikariam meniu and one extra building spot. Very few updates are being made to improve game and once the game suffers some buggs or other things it almost brakes. We all now know that buggs such as not working ikariam app, or bugg which don't allow making military ships and units is soon gonna reach the half year limit. So half an year we have not got any news nor intel about the issue. None. And of course there are buggs which don't let you get back you spies from enemies cities. Jesus. This game is broken. Never I have seen a company that is so reckless and which dissapoints so much. I've played many games but oh boy the Gameforge sucks. Screwing everything. Thinking you can change login screen and people think this game is fresh.. If you wrap an old thing in a new present paper it won't become new. Game has been already dead and now it's almost on the edge of extinction. What's the point in putting some type of adds in Youtube advertising Ikariam if the buggs are not solved? I know that you guy think we are brainless and you would easily leech us of our money by creating a new servers that are immediatly dead few months after their opening. Gameforge has not done their research it seems that people are constantly leaving. I'm not even surprised and January's end gonna delete my accounts because they haven't solved issue in half an year so they ain't gonna solve till summer. I know volunteers who help regular guys by being part of the staff have zero info because they are not being informed because there is nothing to inform. Nothing is getting fixed I bet they didn't even started reading issue reports. They just threw Ikariam topic in the end of the line. We know that GF prefers puting money in new games but then imagine what's the point in playing any of their games if one day game brakes and they are not doing anything? I believe our time is most valuable thing in our life same goes with health and family virtues and I believe none of us want to spend it on this lame as company who can't take care of their customers. Remember, we paid so much money for this game and litteraly let this company rise and create more games from the money we invested in the game. And we got a reward, complete denial of customers demands. A very ungrateful company indeed. At least they would let us know if the bugg would be solved and then exacly. Because I'm wasting my time and I believe most of us want to know the truth. We could have went doing something else and investing our time and money elsewhere. And guys from staff stop putting same "copy paste" comments about everything going to be okey because it's not. I know that you guys have to cover up laziness of this company just don't be their scapegoats. I respect you guys because not like them you are in touch with us.

wow man.. amazing comment!

well done.

• Daktaras tavo komentara nemažai kur įdėjau gavai vien per valanda keleta laikų ir komentarų, gal aš tik baisus optimistas bet galbūt jai išplatintumėm tavo žinutę suvienitumėm aktyviausius žmones iš šio forumo galbūt visi kaip nors pasiektumėm savo?

[mod='Diogenes']Please use english.[/mod]

• Just maybe (when the OGame update is finally functional), they might turn their (albeit somewhat limited) attention to Ikariam. The OGame update (featuring three separate classes for players to choose) might prove somewhat interesting for Ikariam. Is it too much to hope that GF might try to (somewhat belatedly) resuscitate our beloved Ikariam??

Ther resources are already for 3 years mainly on oGame. Don't believe that they have only one programmer who operates with one feature for three years. As already said in the other thread - Gameforge just abandons us as perspective game and just takes some last juice out of their new servers. #reviveIkariam #GFsocks

uc?id=1Qoxan3Ir6EfokWLhAao_dGw6L6THGxKH

• Daktaras tavo komentara nemažai kur įdėjau gavai vien per valanda keleta laikų ir komentarų, gal aš tik baisus optimistas bet galbūt jai išplatintumėm tavo žinutę suvienitumėm aktyviausius žmones iš šio forumo galbūt visi kaip nors pasiektumėm savo?

Dėkui labai, galim bandyt,gal išeis.aš optimistas, bet realistu čia jau būt reik. :D

Just maybe (when the OGame update is finally functional), they might turn their (albeit somewhat limited) attention to Ikariam. The OGame update (featuring three separate classes for players to choose) might prove somewhat interesting for Ikariam. Is it too much to hope that GF might try to (somewhat belatedly) resuscitate our beloved Ikariam??

Ther resources are already for 3 years mainly on oGame. Don't believe that they have only one programmer who operates with one feature for three years. As already said in the other thread - Gameforge just abandons us as perspective game and just takes some last juice out of their new servers. #reviveIkariam #GFsocks

Yep sad truth. They do have a quite wide range of programers. But they focus on thing that makes them most money. So guys forget about the fantasy of reviving ikariam. I would love to take a last ride to the sunset playing ikariam. Last war all out one. But.. They can't merge servers.. Their programing team can't inform us. They can't fix buggs. But they of course can release new servers. Trying get as much money as possible till the game gets empty completely. Only if I would have known that this thing would occur. I would have quited this game long ago. At least I had a quite huge brake from ikariam. So guys don't buy ambrosia we are helping them and they lost interest in us. I've myself called in GF, writen to them via facebook,here, made tickets etc. None is working. Just imagine if staff responds in post after 2 days. Then what to say about the game itself. They had to combine all countries in one forums. They are desperate for money. Greed and dishonesty. Should be their company virtues. Or I bet they are already. Shame on you GF. Worst game making company.

[mod='Diogenes']Please use english.[/mod]

Edited once, last by Daktaras ().

• I've myself called in GF, writen to them via facebook,here, made tickets etc. None is working.

Problem is that mostly of the social networks is managed by badidol and as seems in some last weeks he doesn't even come to forums.

Paid job is what sticks him here!?

• I think that badidol couldn’t be more clear than he was in his previous statements about application. Application was left without support few years ago, meaning that no further updates are planned. Our bug helpers reported the bug, and we hope that at least application functionality will be fixed. For now we do not know much more, but when we get some information, we will share it with you. We cannot tell when it will be fixed because we simply do not have such information.

• Okaaaay MrSniperZ .. I hope you are pinging every week them for any info more than 'not yet known' (or that kind). Ask them for dates when they have milestones for other projects. Every IT company has them.

• Any solutions yet??

I hope we can even get some information. Or at least an update. I play already so long but on these terms I might lose my motivation for investing time in this game.

• Any solutions yet??

I am going to assume that you did not read the post by MrSniperz just 3 posts above yours, so I am going to quote it here.

I think that badidol couldn’t be more clear than he was in his previous statements about application. Application was left without support few years ago, meaning that no further updates are planned. Our bug helpers reported the bug, and we hope that at least application functionality will be fixed. For now we do not know much more, but when we get some information, we will share it with you. We cannot tell when it will be fixed because we simply do not have such information.

There are currently no app developers on the GameForge payroll and development of the app has been abandoned years ago, which had also been announced when all these people got laid off and the mobile department shut down.

The isses have been reported and may eventually(TM) get fixed in the somewhat distant future, but as it is now, do not hold your breath.

• Any solutions yet??

I am going to assume that you did not read the post by MrSniperz just 3 posts above yours, so I am going to quote it here.

I think that badidol couldn’t be more clear than he was in his previous statements about application. Application was left without support few years ago, meaning that no further updates are planned. Our bug helpers reported the bug, and we hope that at least application functionality will be fixed. For now we do not know much more, but when we get some information, we will share it with you. We cannot tell when it will be fixed because we simply do not have such information.

There are currently no app developers on the GameForge payroll and development of the app has been abandoned years ago, which had also been announced when all these people got laid off and the mobile department shut down.

The isses have been reported and may eventually(TM) get fixed in the somewhat distant future, but as it is now, do not hold your breath

Omg do not know to laugh or to cry. They fired the Ikariam App developers and now there is no one to fix the app. It seems the greedy decissions backfired. Well at least now I know that I ain't gonna need to wait for that fix of the bugg since I ain't gonna see it.

• As stated a myriad of times already:

• Gameforge withdrew from the mobile market several years ago.
    • The app was never meant to be more than a partner app, it was never intended for the app to fully replace the desktop version.
    • App development is restricted to "fix crashes and blockers only", which means that "I'd like the app to do..." and "But I can't fully play only on the app!" are not issues that will be solved.
    • This status is highly unlikely to change as it has been the status for the past 3-4 years already.

I understand that this is not satisfying, however, it is what it is and it can not be changed.

pcmIK.jpg

Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.

Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen.

• I early discovered that the mobile app is not going to be upgraded.

That's really too bad.

It will cost them. I will eventually get too frustrated with the "we don't give a damn about your wish to play on a cell" and quit this game.

• I post here since I think hitting one more community could help, and by the way one more community manager to elevate my point to GF.

So as i work in IT support i canmake the comment that the fact that we see "Sent via the mobile app" on every message that we send via the mobile is totally a security breach and gives other player informations about ourselve that we do not agree to.

Knowing the fact a user use the iphone version could lead to the following:

1-Total advantages of the iphone users during wars and piracy, because it is simply faster to move on the mobile app and more intuitious than the desktop version of the browser on mobile.

2-You or me, or anyone, should not be able to tell if a player is in possession of a iphone or not. It is the case here and with the ongoing rise of discord for communications between players, there is possibility to target malwares for iphone only, by either jealousy or to find a way to equalize the game.

3-People will start adding themselves the "invoice via the mobile app" text at the end of message to trick oppennents to make them think they can be connected anywhere at any time easier than them.

We are not suppose to deal with these kinds of shenanigans. Its their job to make the game good and usable... and fair !
    To conclude, saying they just retired for the mobile market is false since the app is still there.

A good game is a fair game.

A game where the app work only on iphone, giving the users speed and good view is not fair for other player

It even holds some tricky but still real confidentiality issues.

There is 2 way to setup the problem.

1- app fixed and work for everyone

2-Delete the app and make it unavailable for anyone.

And there is no excuses not to do one or the other. As an internationnal video game compagny, please have some dignity under your mountain of money.

• I think you are wrong. If you have or ever had an iPhone, you would see that each mail you want to send has sign 'Sent from my iPhone', so you want to say it's a security breach?

You have the right to remove the 'Sent from Ikariam Mobile' signature each time you are sending the message, so it's up to you to delete or let others know you are using the mobile app. I do not see anything illegal there from a legal point of view.

Furthermore, it's already mentioned that application lost it support several years ago, and only major bug crashes are fixes are supported. We reported them, but they are not a priority at the moment, and waiting time is a little bit longer.

• Its not to the user the make the move each time for the other not knowing he sent it by mobile app. You talk non-sense dude.

Just imagine if every transaction you made with your bank card would show the amout of money still left in your account directely on the bill. But you could have the option to remove it. Nobody would agree. Or maybe you'd agree with it since you can remove it every single time? lol no

So the point is here.

If only the iphone users can use the mobile app, then if i see the text "sent by mobile application"" under the message it means the person have an iphone. And i am not supposed to be alowed to know that. Period.

• I'm not sure in what world or in what IT support department (as you claimed to be) this might be a security breach, as already very well explained above. The user himself can edit or remove the signature. And you are wrong - if you have some older build, you might be able to use also Android app.

Otherwise you'll come later and tell that also the friend list and alliance are security breach because someone can see when I am online?