Proposal to open a new server for all countries - war between countries

• Now that there is a united forum with all the countries in the world

Maybe Gameforge will develop one server that will invite players from all countries and make a server that the alliances will be different countries can add a lot of interest to the game

• I feel this is a better spot for something like this instead of the spam section, since this is related to Ikariam.

niss-sig.jpg

Sig and avi made by Honda

• Jack De Loco , I am one for 'unity' and keeping ikariam alive as long as possible. But, don't we already have a server for that? The war server, or even ANY OTHER server that speaks the English Language.

I am sure English staff both EN (ORG) and US are happy to have ALL nationalities in there! :)

I really can't think anything more inviting than having to "invite players from all countries and make a server that the alliances will be different countries".

• Jack De Loco , I am one for 'unity' and keeping ikariam alive as long as possible. But, don't we already have a server for that? The war server, or even ANY OTHER server that speaks the English Language.

I am sure English staff both EN (ORG) and US are happy to have ALL nationalities in there! :)

I really can't think anything more inviting than having to "invite players from all countries and make a server that the alliances will be different countries".

While you're technically not wrong, it is one thing to say "there's a bunch of English speaking servers, just play there if you want 'global'" and a completely different thing to say "Here, come and compete on this global server against people from all over the world!".

In the end nothing changes, it would - in all likelihood - still technically be an EN server in the end. And yet everything changes :)

I can see the appeal of the idea. Not sure if it has a chance of working, but I can try suggesting this instead of the next round of new servers for a bunch of communities that have too many of them already as it is anyway.

pcmIK.jpg

Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.

Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen.

• I am from Israel, and I know that even though our official language is Hebrew. Most Israeli players know English as a second language.

I believe that the majority of countries in Europe are English. Such as Germany, Bulgaria, Greece, Romania, Cyprus, and many other countries in the world where English is the second language.

Even in Thailand, Philippines, China there are many who know a little English.

The proposal is to open a new server (not a war server) and publish its opening in all countries that want to recruit players and establish an alliance of their country -

And then what makes the game very active and more wars today, many new servers die right after opening a new server in the same country

You can always try this option, I think many players in different countries will be happy to take part in it.

What's left is to convince the company to do it :)

• True true, and false false. :P

Let's say it's called "All Nations Server", and it will be in 'English'. So, GOs from EN will keep an eye on the players.

In the end nothing changes, it would - in all likelihood - still technically be an EN server in the end. And yet everything changes :)

so, euuhh.. it's just a change of server-name. The All Nation Server, or whatever, whilst nothing changes.

:/

• True true, and false false. :P

Let's say it's called "All Nations Server", and it will be in 'English'. So, GOs from EN will keep an eye on the players.

so, euuhh.. it's just a change of server-name. The All Nation Server, or whatever, whilst nothing changes.

:/

Yes and no.

Again, it's a different thing (psychologically and marketing-wise) if you advertise a server as "here, an EN server" or as "come here, it's a server where you can compete with players from all over the world".

It IS a difference. And it is not. Because you're right, in the end it's likely it would be a server in EN because we have no domain "Ikariam.ww" or "Ikariam.world" or anything of the sort.

pcmIK.jpg

Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen.

• but if they have not even made the ikariam forum of the world ?? they could create communities for the nations and servers where things related to gaming on servers were discussed, and an international agora where all the players around the world could talk about the game itself ... advice ... bugs ... suggestions for changes ... but nothing ...

firma.jpg

• but if they have not even made the ikariam forum of the world ?? they could create communities for the nations and servers where things related to gaming on servers were discussed, and an international agora where all the players around the world could talk about the game itself ... advice ... bugs ... suggestions for changes ... but nothing ...

You are effectively currently talking with players around the world. Whether you call that "World Forum" or whether it happens in the EN section, there's absolutely no difference at the end of the day. So maybe stop complaining about how we didn't listen to your suggestion and start realising how your suggestion is redundant with this new forum :)

pcmIK.jpg

• Maybe you did not understand what I meant.

My intention is to open a server in EN, a new server with the help of the new forum can publish in all countries opened a unique server inviting all the countries that want to take part.

It is now likened to the opening of a new server in every world of his country. This creates a situation like this:

I am in Israel, a new server has been opened in Israel. The majority of players in Israel are registering for the new server in Israel. Rather than a new server in EN

When did something like this happen? In the past there was a war minister who was open for half a year. They came from all kinds of countries, and I remember that there were many from Bulgaria, Russia, Greece and other countries. And then closed

My idea is to develop a unique new server on the server and not parallel to all the other worlds.

The opening of the server will be published in all the forums in countries that want to enter will enter. Those who do not.

I am sure that players from different countries will form a group of the country and will enter this new server to prove the strength of the players of the country.

And it will be a very active server. Because having some countries fighting each other is a very interesting situation

• That is the point, or at least should be. Constantly opening war servers on every community means that basically the same players will play it, and eventually, get bored of it. Opening one war server which would be posted on all communities to join would probably give some motivation to players, at least to get their friends and go try themselves up against many more people and see who's the best (or has the most time :D ).

It's not a trap if you know it's coming.

• Forcing me to group up with all the idiots from my domain is not gonna peak my interest in any way. I'm all in for one big war-server (instead of the sorry bunch of barely active ones GF made last year), but if you're forcing me to play with the sorry bunch of man-babies my community consists of, I might as well not take part.

You are effectively currently talking with players around the world. Whether you call that "World Forum" or whether it happens in the EN section, there's absolutely no difference at the end of the day. So maybe stop complaining about how we didn't listen to your suggestion and start realising how your suggestion is redundant with this new forum :)

do whatever you want ...

it seems to me that there are in every community of this forum, exactly the same sections to talk and discuss about ikariam (doubt suggestions etc ....)

so people will tend to stay in their communities and will not go elsewhere to bring their ideas or their impressions.

in any case, I point out that thinking as you have done so far, the servers are dying one after the other .... grow only the illegal multiaccount

do as you wish

I got bored

goodbye

ps

I like this very good suggestion

Now that there is a united forum with all the countries in the world

Maybe Gameforge will develop one server that will invite players from all countries and make a server that the alliances will be different countries can add a lot of interest to the game

but it will remain a dream

firma.jpg

• Hello, I play on Greek servers and I like the idea. I do not know if this will succeed, but it's worth trying it out. Representing my friends and me, i would like to suggest something between the normal servers and the war. Because for some people the war server is too fast.

Maybe it was a good idea to keep the speed of the normal servers except the round time and travel speed. So far many people avoid the battles because the long time they take, and also the speed of the ballon carriers. So, i suggest normal times but 10 minutes per round and double speed at every ship.

Where other men blindly follow the truth, remember, nothing is true
    Where other men are limited by morality or law, remember, everything is permitted
    We work in the dark to serve the light

• ..... I forgot !!

A question:

This new world server, to which section of the forum will be linked?

Which section of the forum will refer to its players ??

Since all the existing servers to date are framed in a specific forum community ... this server should not also have its own community ???

firma.jpg

• ..... I forgot !!

A question:

This new world server, to which section of the forum will be linked?

Which section of the forum will refer to its players ??

Since all the existing servers to date are framed in a specific forum community ... this server should not also have its own community ???

As it would be just a "fancy" EN server in the end, it would also run over the EN boards.

• I hope that the idea I have proposed will eventually be

And will open a special server in the world, which will publish in all the countries in the forum the opening of the server of all the countries invited to it and will serve with a lot of action

• waoooooooooo !!!

fantastic !!!

I did not think about it !!!

in fact we could vote for the next European elections and then delegate everything to the government of Germany or maybe even London !!!

....... :(

And so with the same logic: why open a new server ... there is already that in English ...

Please, at least for fairness, have the courage to say NO to the suggestion and to close the 3D.

Thank you

I very sorry for Jack De Loco ....

firma.jpg

• sorry

i can't edit

-----------------------

in any case, very simply, imagine how much confusion there would be between posts concerning the .EN servers and those concerning the world server ...

I do not think it's possible to handle this

firma.jpg